TC Strawberry and Lime

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Rubble

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have just brewed this up today.
Following Roddy's recipe but with a few changes.

20 x litres Sainsburys AJ from concentrate.
2 x 400 ml Strawberry Lowicz. Plus 1 for priming. 3 altogether.
6 x fresh limes quartered and boiled in 250 ml Tesco Double Strength Lime Drink (no added sugar) and 500ml water for 15 minutes. After the boil, squeezed out the limes with a masher and then strained before adding to the brew.
1 x litre of strong tea (6 Yorkshire tea bags).
175 gms. Tesco clear honey.
5 x tsp. pectolase.
4 x yeast nutrient.
1 x 5 gm. sachet Gervin Cider Yeast GV 13.
3 x litres Volvic Lemon and Lime sugarfree mineral water to 25 litres.
OG reading 1.046 prior to yeast added.

I've got high hopes for this so will have to wait to see how it turns out.

Update on this TC.

After 12 days of fermenting, FG 1000 which equates to ABV of 6.04%. Racked to 2nd FV and added the 3rd bottle of strawberry lowicz to sweeten up a little. Had a sneaky taste of the sample taken for the FG reading and it starts with the apple, then the strawberry and finally the lime kicks in. Mmmmm! This is going to go down well.
After 2 days in the 2nd FV siphoned into mixture of 500 ml and 330 ml bottles, and now conditioning for two weeks at room temperature.
I think it really helped with the fresh limes and Tesco double concentrate lime juice.

Today, transferred to the garage where it will sit for another couple of weeks in a cooler environment to clear, but to be fair it looks pretty clear already!

Sounds good to me, done loads of these brews but tend to add a little more water to bring the abv down a tad.
I couldn't use 330ml bottles either, just not big enough. I use alot of 1ltr old soda water bottles or 2ltr cider bottles , far easier bottling day.
Pineapple TC is a nice one if you haven't tried it👍

The reason I did some 330ml bottles was because I promised my grandson that I would make him a fruit cider for his 21st birthday coming up in early September and as it came out a tad strong, I thought him and his mates might be able to handle the smaller bottles rather than my 750ml Leffe bottles! :laugh8::laugh8:

I haven't yet tried pineapple TC but I will have a go, most certainly.

Being as this has been stored in my garage for the last 3 and a half weeks, I thought I might try the 500ml PET bottle of this S&L TC, having placed it in the fridge overnight. OMG! It was very fizzy with a small head which disappeared almost immediately. Constant micro buubles all the way to the bottom of the glass. The taste was fruity, but not overpowering with the strawberry and apple, with the sharpness of the lime in the background. Absolutely lovely and turned out better than I had hoped for! Will deffo brew this one again exactly as before. No need to change anything.

Glad you like your brew, I'm not into commercially brewed fruit ciders as I find them a bit sickly after the first pint whereas I can drink these lowitz recipes one after the other if I'm in the mood.
I reckon two bottles to a 20ltr batch turns out perfect as you say, a nice taste but not overpowering, get another one going or you may run out😁

I totally agree about the sickly sweet commercial fruit ciders. I can never drink more than one myself.
On the other hand these TC's are much more palatable. :beer1:

Latest posts

Back