Tea.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what's available. But drinking tea sounds more healthy than drinking coffee, at least for me! :lol:

I'm more of a tea drinker than a coffee drinker, much as I like coffee too much makes me jittery.

I have 2 cups of coffee made in a caffetiere out of strong stuff, plus about 5 cigs immediately upon waking. Otherwise it's like trying to start a car when it's minus 30 with no fuel-enrichment system. Then gallons of coffee and millions of cigs til whenever the next bedtime is or I switch to beer. Ye - I'm frazzled most the time. But I just fancied tea but there there's none in the caddy and none in the cupboard either - god knows what I pay that woman for (stobbit!). Oh well, coffee it is...

Mainly drink L'or Latte Machiato made in the Tassimo when I want a hot drink (hate instant coffee), mostly drink cold drinks though. However, I do like a cup of tea sometimes, and when I have one it's usually a nice mug of Ceylon, strong and black with just a single Splenda tablet in it to sweeten.

Mrs Tea to ask what was going on, the reply "Yorkshire tea is on offer at the shop so i decided it was time for a change" well surprise surprise this old fart is temporarily converted.

Well i gave it my best shot but "temporarily converted" it was i am back on the Tetley.

Yes, I do like tea (and coffee)

A cup of bog standard Scottish Blend works for regular tea drinking needs. I do like whatever it is my inlaws use, which I'm sure is something from Marks and Spencer. But it could be more that they the tea they make is made in a tea pot, steeped and served in mugs with semi-skimmed milk, as opposed to a five second dunk in a styrofoam or plastic cup with UHT milk which is how most of my tea gets made during the working week. :-?

I am also partial to a Pukka Vanilla Chai, and Twinnings Salted Caramel Green Tea or Typhoo Roobios in the afternoon and a Twinings chamomile and honey at night before bed.

Hi!
My mother buys Ringtons from the delivery van. We went to Spain last month and, as usual, packed tea bags to take with us.
Dearest Mama insisted that we take Ringtons - OMG it's strong! We made two cups from one tea bag.
At home, it's whatever's on offer - TyPhoo, Tetleys, Yorkshire Tea.
SWMBO doesn't like "stewed" tea, so it's a quick dip in the cup, but I prefer a teapot. Anyone else out there who prefers a teapot to make tea, even with bags?

Hi!
My mother buys Ringtons from the delivery van. We went to Spain last month and, as usual, packed tea bags to take with us.
Dearest Mama insisted that we take Ringtons - OMG it's strong! We made two cups from one tea bag.
At home, it's whatever's on offer - TyPhoo, Tetleys, Yorkshire Tea.
SWMBO doesn't like "stewed" tea, so it's a quick dip in the cup, but I prefer a teapot. Anyone else out there who prefers a teapot to make tea, even with bags?

Me, and don't forget to warm the pot properly first too... :thumb:

Same here warmed pot if I have time in the morning it's a quick dunk and stir.

I have always been a tea drinking and still do , however since my other half got a tassimo I have one in my mug every morning on the way to work and we have some "nicer" than normal coffee at work..

However brown grit in a jar I cannot get on with.. Basically I appear to only get on with I would say posher coffee..

That said I would never spend £4-6 or whatever it is on a coffee from starbucks.. wtf is that all about

Ceylon tea leaf or bags at home. Orange Pekoe is nice. Avoid most other sorts of tea if given the choice including anything resembling creosote and especially other black teas with fancy names like Lapsang Souchong. Not keen on green tea but do like Oolong tea which is half black/half green.
Italian dark roast coffee at home from our machine. Avoid instant coffee at all costs, awful stuff.

Can't believe they're still going, thought they might have gone the way of the milkman. Must be good stuff!

They're online as well these days which has probably helped them. Their chocolate covered brazil nut cookies are laced with heroin I reckon, can do a pack in easily with a pot of tea.

They're online as well these days which has probably helped them. Their chocolate covered brazil nut cookies are laced with heroin I reckon, can do a pack in easily with a pot of tea.

I actually saw one of their vans the other day, first time in absolutely ages - that's why I thought they weren't around anymore. But ye I know we had their stuff delivered when I was a kid, and even at a place I worked years ago. The gaffer would buy their confectionary stuff for himself - we just got the tea!

Latest posts

Back