Tea.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One for the tea drinkers.

I used to drink coffee all the time and would not have thanked you for a cup of tea i am now the opposite, i am not talking posh (expensive) tea here but if that's what you like go for it.

What do you regularly drink? (If you do not drink/like tea please do not post your views in the thread)

I am a right boring old fart and when i find something i like i stick to it so we always drink Tetley tea imagine my surprise when i went to the cupboard earlier opened the container we keep the tea bags in only to find the round bags gone replaced by square ones :shock: nothing ventured nothing gained and a nice cup of tea later found me on the phone to Mrs Tea to ask what was going on, the reply "Yorkshire tea is on offer at the shop so i decided it was time for a change" well surprise surprise this old fart is temporarily converted.

The smell of coffee is one thing I really don't like, to the point of being uncomfortable if I have to sit in a Starbucks style hell hole.

So I drink tea. Strong with a splash of milk and half a sugar. The kind of tea you can varnish a yacht with. Yorkshire tea in the cupboard at home, although we have Tetley at work.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I've love coffee. I drink loads of it. Every morning I have one of those massive sports direct mugs full. Then when I get to work I go to waitrose and get a free coffee (well you have to buy something to get the free coffee, so I just buy a banana which cost 12p :mrgreen:).

I also drink tea. I drink it when I'm thirsty and a replacement for beer to stop me drinking as much. I buy whichever branded 240 box of teabags is cheapest at the time when it comes to buying more

I'm the only tea drinker in our house and I have a nice little teapot which makes one large mug of loose leaf tea. I do think you get a nicer brew that way.

I like Earl Grey especially in the afternoon. I'm a coffee drinker in the morning generally. I also like a combination of gunpowder green tea and peppermint, what is called Berber Whisky in morocco, though they mix half a ton of sugar in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a drop of Earl Grey as a change to regular tea now and then. Makes nice wine too! Someone at work left a box of Lapsang Souchon( spelling?) so I had a sample. Yuk! Smells like burning tyres and presumably tastes like them.

Generally get through a couple of pints of coffee at work each day, but start the day with a mug of strong tea which I make for my youngest (11) and I. I like it to brew for at least 5 minutes. He prefers to leave the teabag in the mug throughout so it gets stronger towards the bottom of the mug...

Coffee with breakfast then tea the rest of the day. We've recently discovered that tesco's scottish blend is really nice so that's the go-to bag in the cupboard, although I like loose leaf teas, currently on a bag of assam which is nice as it's not as strong as assam often is probably because loose leaf is generally milder than bags (in my experience), the main reason I like loose leaf is for spiced teas, a local shop does a good chai and an orange cookie blend which are very tasty but a bit pricey since the spices are a lot denser than the tea. I also get coffee beans from the same shop trying out a bunch of varieties.

This thread just reminded me we have some Darjeeling (Booths own brand) in the cupboard time for a cup.

Booths-afternoon-darjeeling-grey-620x330.jpg

Coffee drinker here, nothing posh really just a cup (or three) of gold blend instant. Gets me going [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread just reminded me we have some Darjeeling (Booths own brand) in the cupboard time for a cup.

Booths-afternoon-darjeeling-grey-620x330.jpg

My taste buds are not what they used to be but this is not very good.

I have a Tassimo machine but will soon be upgrading to a one cup all in one grinder machine. I limit myself to 2 cups of coffee in the morning and allow myself one more if on afters. I drink a lot of green tea; loose leaf Sencha at home and clipper green tea bags at work.

I like my tea strong and malty which means buying leaf Assam is the best option for me but since that's too much effort to do at work then the best I've found in bags is Twinings 1706 and I'll have four mugs a day brewed strong with a little milk. Does anyone else like strong Assam tea and is there anything better in bags than 1706?

Love tea.

From my experience, good tea doesn't work well in teabag form, you just end up with weak, flavourless tea. This is made even worse when purchased from a coffee shop as they don't brew it with boiling water. Tea must be made with freshly drawn, boiling water to get the best flavour out.

My top 5:

Assam- go to for day to day pot of tea
Earl grey- every now and again. Also good to add a couple of teabags to a bottle of vodka with some sugar.
Lapsang Souchong- I admit its a bit of an aquired taste but love the smell. a bit like drinking a smokey whisky.
Tea Pigs Christmas Rooibos tea- always find this in the clearance bins after Christmas so stock up.
Oolong tea- on the spectrum, fits between green tea and black tea.

I also love coffee but won't comment on that in this thread :D

I'm more of a tea drinker than a coffee drinker, much as I like coffee too much makes me jittery.

At home just have supermarket own brand red label tea (i.e. builders tea), like it fairly strong, some milk, no sugar. At work we get Yorkshire Tea so I drink that but to be honest I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference. The wife drinks Earl Grey all the time, I don't mind it but I'm not sure I'd want it for every brew.

On a working day I'll have tea first thing and then by about 11 I've had around three mugs of tea so change to coffee. We've got a 'bean to cup' machine at work so it makes a decent brew. One or two coffees and then I'll drink water or squash for the rest of the day.

At the weekends I'm mostly on the tea but have got a Nespresso machine at home so sometimes have a coffee or two from that.

Latest posts

Back