Tea.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First cup when I wake, then a aeropress coffee with breakfast, tea after lunch and maybe after work before beer. If I'm not having a beer in the evening might have another coffee or tea in the evening.

I've never really taken to tea.
Coffee in the morning. Lunchtime onwards it's either squash or beer for me. Providing I'm not brewing in which case skip most of the coffee...

I have a double espresso in the morning before work and very rarely have a cup of tea at any time of the day. If someone made me tea in the morning they would be wearing it. I despise milky or watery tea and I have to say the loose leaves make a drinkable cup if put into an infuser pot from ikea can even be nice. But I still wouldn’t go out of my way to make tea.
If I’m thirsty and not working/driving then it’s always beer. But I do also drink about 2l of water every day.

I did try loose leaf tea in the tea pot with one of those strainer things and i did think it was better than tea bags but its a bit of a faff as i was told you shouldn't put the leaves down the sink as they can block it, that may be an old wives tale.

Straight into the compost bin - waste not want not!

Straight into the compost bin - waste not want not!

I don't have a garden so no compost bin.

I only drink extra strong tea now but usually only in the morning before i go to work.

1629820746605.png

I like tea but prefer coffee so I bought a bean-to-cup machine and haven’t looked back. I drink a minimum of four mugs in the morning.

I might have a couple of pints of squash in the afternoon, then it’s beer o’clock! 🥳

Sorry, what was the question?

I did try loose leaf tea in the tea pot with one of those strainer things and i did think it was better than tea bags but its a bit of a faff as i was told you shouldn't put the leaves down the sink as they can block it, that may be an old wives tale.

We now drink only loose tea at home, and we use a pot with a steel mesh strainer insert. It's no problem to knock the leaves out, and dump them in the food waste caddy . . . . . As you say it's better than washing them down the sink, and it's more environmentally friendly than using tea bags because the bag material contains a significant proportion of plastic (to give it mechanical strength when wet), so it's not compostable.

I used to drink lots of coffee at work, but I found it was giving me high blood pressure so now I have 2 cups in the morning and maybe a cup of tea in the afternoon. Rest of the time its water.

I switched to loose leaf a few years ago, it's a lot better than any bags which are just the dusty sweepings. Can recommend. Still a lot cheaper than good coffee too

This, it is a game-changer for sure.. I do still have bags though for convenience sometimes. I drink a mix of black and herbal teas though.

Rooibos tea is awesome especially with honeybush to chai.

Never been a big coffee drinker, used to have my ex wife tassimo though as they were alright, but I had to stop as it kept giving e anxiety

Loose tea about £2.75 a bag - sorry re teabags, since we have not used the van very much in the last couple of years have no idea teabag price now.

Just had a look on their website £3.97 per 100, Website states online price. Tea Bags | Tea Bags Online | Ringtons
They are the most expensive bags they do which is one reason we would use loose tea. (Cheaper, and I am a skinflint really plus more enviro friendly)

Its good tea and in my later years I think I have earned the right to the best!

Latest posts

Back