Tea.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you like your tea?

Results are only viewable after voting.
4 to5 for me and 6 for the wife.

ttttt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere between 3 and 5, but it has to be made with tea-leaves and allowed to steep for a couple of minutes or so

I have never been able to manage to drink tea. As an English man I have often thought I should like it but I just don't. It smells horrid, it tastes foul, and worse it makes me feel sick after just one mouthful.
Reminded me of Ted Lasso🤣
When asked how he takes his tea
"Well, usually I take it right back to the counter, because someone's made a horrible mistake."

"Tea is horrible. Absolute garbage water. Don't know why you all do that."

"Be honest with me. It's a prank, right? The tea? Like when us tourist folks aren't around, y'all know it tastes like garbage?"

4 but I rarely drink tea. If I do it’s from proper leaves in a pot with a wee centre piece that looks like a hop spider and it results in a good rich strong cup of tea. Add a small drop of milk and it’s perfect.

Reminded me of Ted Lasso🤣
When asked how he takes his tea
"Well, usually I take it right back to the counter, because someone's made a horrible mistake."

"Tea is horrible. Absolute garbage water. Don't know why you all do that."

"Be honest with me. It's a prank, right? The tea? Like when us tourist folks aren't around, y'all know it tastes like garbage?"
It's certain proof that the Chinese really hate us. And the Indians are on their side, too! 🐼

The 30 Tea Drinkers vs. Coffee Drinkers Statistics
  1. Tea is considered the second most popular drink of choice worldwide. (water being the first)
  2. Black tea is the most consumed tea around the world.
  3. 297 billion liters of tea were consumed worldwide in 2021.
  4. In 2020, China dominated the tea market with 78.7 billion US dollars of revenue.
  5. In 2018, bubble tea made a 3,000% jump in orders throughout the Southeast Asia region.
  6. Worldwide, the wholesale price of tea rose 50% in 2020 due to the pandemic.
  7. 75%-80% of tea drank in the United States is iced tea.
  8. Americans consumed 89 billion servings of tea in 2021.
  9. In 2019, 48% of tea consumed by Americans took place at food service locations.
  10. Worldwide, more than 50 countries contribute to coffee production.
  11. In 2019, Brazil accounted for 44% of worldwide coffee exportation.
  12. In 2020, worldwide coffee sales decreased by 3.8% in comparison to 2019’s reported numbers.
  13. Coffee sales in 2023 are expected to reach the $1 billion mark.
  14. The Netherlands was responsible for the highest coffee consumption in 2020, reaching 8.3 kilograms per capita.
  15. In 2019, the world reported the lowest coffee prices per pound in more than a decade.
  16. The United States ranks 25th in countries with the most coffee consumed per capita.
  17. In 2020, there were over 37,000 coffee shops or cafes in the United States.
  18. On average, US coffee drinkers consume two to three cups of coffee each day.
  19. 59% of Americans consume coffee every day.
  20. Finland is the top coffee drinker in the world.
  21. Seniors drink more coffee than young adults.
  22. Young people are more likely to visit coffee shops.
  23. 29% of people drink coffee to relax.
  24. There are almost 20,000 people producing coffee in the United States.
  25. Starbucks is currently the most popular coffee shop.
  26. Tea is one of the oldest beverages in the world.
  27. China and Japan drink more than 40% of the tea produced each year.
  28. 33% of people in the United Kingdom drink four to five cups of tea per day during the week.
  29. Researchers expect the tea market in the United States to grow by more than 5% each year.
  30. Seattle, Washington, consumes the most caffeine in the United States.

I have to say I am a big coffee fan. However I also have not been into one of those high street chains, nor will I as having had a sip of someone else's drink many years ago I realised that, despite their claims, they don't sell coffee at all. I don't know what it is but it doesn't tast like coffee to me.

I don't know what it is but it doesn't taste like coffee to me.

I stopped drinking instant coffee many years ago but started drinking coffee again a few months ago having bought a coffee machine i like the flavoured "Coffee" though it doesn't taste like coffee

I’ve got a 9 cup Moka pot, the whole thing is “ one coffee” for me, in the morning.
As for how I like my tea?
In the harbor….😈

Tea has to be brewed long enough that it's on the verge of being stewed. Then as little milk as possible, almost as if you just dip the spoon into the milk and however much coats the spoon is the right amount to add.

Oh, and it has to be YORKSHIRE tea. Best brew in the world

Cheers Tom

Back