Technology!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
Got the eldest one of those Oculus 3d thingies for Xmas...he's into computers and taking such studies in college.
I've had a go ......incredible!!
Controlling screens even without the supplied controllers...like stuff off Iron Man...massive full room concert experience.. its something else!

My eldest got one (Quest 2) a few months back and I've got to admit I was more impressed by it than I expected

BUT whenever I talk to people about them for the first time I can never no not mention this sketch. Apologies in advance @Clint ;)

I remember back in 2016 when i got oculus rift vr, a few friends that never ever had played any kind of video games, was blown away by vr.

There was one demo where you was stood on top of sky scraper in new york looking down, belive me it made your legs go like jelly, had a few ppl take the head set off and grab the table lol :)
Hello all!
Got the eldest one of those Oculus 3d thingies for Xmas...he's into computers and taking such studies in college.
I've had a go ......incredible!!
Controlling screens even without the supplied controllers...like stuff off Iron Man...massive full room concert experience.. its something else!
edit if you like driving games on the pc get a wheel and pedals it will blow you away.

@flatfoot

Saw him do that sketch live in Wellington. Hilarious show start to finish.

I got my wife tickets to see him this year as a Christmas present. I think the last time that I saw him live was about ten or eleven years ago, too long!

I had an Oculus Rift a few years ago using it with a flight simulator and it was amazing to immerse yourself in a 3D world.
However I have glasses and can't wear contact lenses and I found using the set was very uncomfortable with glasses on. I tried lens inserts but still couldn't get on with it.
I ended up giving it to my son.

Latest posts

Back