Temp control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm currently out of beer and have to buy some bottles this weekend omg a terrible thought
Anyway I have 3 kits and 3 buckets but have only one heat pad could i get away with doing all three and say give them each a day with heat all will be ipa styles so have to be around the 21 degrees mark for fermentation I'm just worried they might fail if I try too many any tips to help keep them cosy my press I keep them in is around 17 to 18 degrees

If you can fit all 3 close together, put the one in the middle on the heat pad and wrap a duvet around them all.
The middle one will keep the other 2 warm.
And brewing at 18c is pretty much what I actually aim for, so wouldn't worry about it.

Why not brew your kits in succession, e.g start the first kit on your pad and leave it on for five days, then the next one for five days, finally the last one which can stay on the pad as you wish. After five days most of the primary is done and temperature control is less important, although you can still cluster them together as @Nicks90 has suggested.

Ye I kinda want to get a bunch done so I dont run out of beer I could sometimes go through 20 bottles a week if I give one or two away which I cant help doing I keep saying not with this batch but never works so was thinking get 3 done and then carry on with one every week or so

If you pitch at the upper end of the recommended range for your yeast,the FV will generate heat. Wrap in a duvet or similar but keep an eye so it does not get too warm.

Latest posts

Back