Temp control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
As we head into the winter time I'm thinking on stability for temps
I'm currently using a press in my hall but it has some central heating pipes running up the wall
I've not had any problems before fermenting there but I think it's my next step in progressing in brewing
How can I develop this space with inkbird, insulation. Wood/steel/plastic, heating no heating looking for ideas please if ripped apart I have maybe 3.5 to 4 feet width and 6 to 8
20210914_205422.jpg
feet max height

Would a tall larder fridge fit in there? Would be easier than messing around building something. There’s usually a bargain or even a free on on eBay, Gumtree or FB Marketplace. Just get an Inkbird controller and one of those 40w tube heaters from screw fix.

Thought about a fridge but I would rather spend an extra few quid not much if possible and a day or two on it
Just to say I did that lol
But if a fridge is the only way I'll take it
Was wondering did anyone else make use of a small space

Can you not fit a fridge in there ?

I'm the past I used a cardboard box lined with celotex, worked fine over winter with a heat belt in my shed.

You could make a nice box out of ply but have you seen the price ashock1
Cheaper and far easier to find an old fridge on gumtree etc.

HI La

Having taken your last thread totally off subject, I will try not to do the same again

I am not familiar with your term press?

Are you afraid that it will become too warm or too cold?

Who are the fairies that you think you are dealing with, Sorry

You could stick celotex all round, get an old fridge and rip out the cooling circuit and use it to turn the whole space into a cold room, add a heater and an inkbird and you’d have a walk-in fermentation room! Top DIY f**kery.

Was just hoping there be a more complicated way should I say than sticking a fridge in a space and job done
Sorry thought I could make a weekend project out of it instead of a 2 hour job
Looks like I can't get rid of the fam fir 2 days for diy ha ha

Was just hoping there be a more complicated way should I say than sticking a fridge in a space and job done
Sorry thought I could make a weekend project out of it instead of a 2 hour job
Looks like I can't get rid of the fam fir 2 days for diy ha ha
I have found it much harder to keep a brew cool enough than it is to keep it warm enough (old carpet, heating tray/belt) - I can't think of a better way than a fridge to keep it cool

HI La

Having taken your last thread totally off subject, I will try not to do the same again

I am not familiar with your term press?

Are you afraid that it will become too warm or too cold?

Who are the fairies that you think you are dealing with, Sorry
Press in my side of land could be small space,room extract makes eggs and ham 😋

Given the size of my brew shed , i currently use an electric heated towel rail to keep the chill away. Does a pretty good job aswell. This year though i think i am going to investigate using my hlt and mash tun (70 liters each) as radiators working off my controller. I would imagen it will be cheaper than having a towel rail on 24 7.

Back