Temperature control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry Bloomfield

Regular.
Reaction score
Thinking to in the future move my wine and brewing activities out to my unheated garage, hut or summerhouse, I bought a plug temperature controller, this one....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113924187459

Marvellous little gadget - it can control heating or cooling very precisely, but not both at the same time, to 0.1C, or a greater hysteresis using a temperature probe. You can set a delayed response of 0 to 10 minutes. Its rated to switch up to a 10amp 240v load. It has to displays, a green one showing the measured temperature and red one showing the set temperature point.

A couple of warnings - Its Chinese and knowing a little about Chinese fuses, I would change the plug top fuse to one of a reputable UK make. Second, the outlet socket is 13amp and illegal for UK use because it is un-shuttered. Keep it well away from any kids..

Or buy an inkbird, it's worth the extra 20 quid not to burn your house down while you're asleep.

The sockets on the Inkbirds are shuttered. athumb.. The shutter is transparent though. If you look closely at the photo Harry has linked to you can just make them out.
Made me check though.

Hi,
Thanks for your support to Inkbird.
About our sockets,2 holes of the Inkbird British mains socket are shuttered, the top hole is half shuttered. The shutter is transparent, so the photos on selling page don't easy to find out the shutter. You can check the following photo.
Recently, we are updating the designs,the new thermostat with all shuttered sockets will published soon.
About the safety problem, you can without worry. We strictly obey the safety design guidelines.
Any question during use our product, please feel free to contact us.
Yours sincerely,
Inkbird

upload_2019-11-6_15-28-0.png

Latest posts

Back