Tesco craft beer discounts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatscold

Reaction score
I don’t know if this has been posted already - Tesco’s are discounting a lot of the 440ml NEIPA etc to £2 this week.

1E5FD6BA-4840-47A0-9955-A13828200452.png

Nice opportunity to sample a few different ones 😀

Having revisited the Tesco craft beer selection whilst away on holiday I remember feeling largely underwhelmed by most of it. That said at £2 - £2.50 per can it might taste better. Wonder if they're making way for a new range?

Having revisited the Tesco craft beer selection whilst away on holiday I remember feeling largely underwhelmed by most of it. That said at £2 - £2.50 per can it might taste better. Wonder if they're making way for a new range?

They are. There is a guy who works as their beer buyer who's been posting some of the new ones on Instagram. They have a bit of an overhaul twice a year

Morrison's have just had a big overhaul too.

Picked a load up yesterday.
Tesco upcoming releases look a bit average, Morrison's looks better but there were known in my local store yesterday.

My local Tesco is selling off a few of the Brewdog collab brews for £2 a can and we’re getting rid of a couple of Camden and Vocation beers for £1.80 a couple of weeks back. I wonder what they have coming in.

Thanks for this! I've just visited my large Tesco and stocked up on a few of the good ones: Buxton's Kingslayer, North Brewing's Lost Cosmonauts, Salt's Ikat and Northern Monk's Tropical World and Stars and Stripes.

I think a lot of the tall boys that are on offer will stay. The reason the sale came about is because Morrison's announced some banging beers that were launched on Monday, but stores started stocking them early and they had good reviews. A lot of people took the **** out of Tesco and they announced the sale.

I bought a few of the new ones at Morrisons last Friday. Northern Monk's Transient is very good, however Brewdog's Fake Empire is terrible. I haven't tried the other 3 that I bought yet.

Buxton's Kingslayer

Thanks for reminding me, this was the one that stood out in the last batch of beers I had from Tesco. As we were down in Cornwall then on holiday (don't buy much beer otherwise) I found a place stocking Verdant and brought a selection home, unfortunately nothing Tesco sell could come close to any of those.

Based on this thread I walked to my local tesco express and bought 4 each of the following craft beer. I am trying to get used too and sample different types of what I call american style fruity IPAs
IMG_20200910_090508_9.jpg

I drank one of each.
Northern Monk Hazy Pale Ale 5.4% dry fruity but got a bit bored half way through.
Jaipur India Pale Ale 5.9%, clear, slightly dry fruity, liked a lot better. Would buy this again.
However both were a lot stronger than I am used too.

Been really enjoying Northern Monk Hazy Pale Ale, 2x4pack for £10 at Morison. Morison seem to have a good selection of beers in the 2x4 pack for £10 including Sierra Nevada.

Picked up a Northern Monk New World IPA for £1.44 today. Last week I bought a Brewdog/Cloudwater collab NEIPA for under £2.

I also think this beauty is one of the new range:
image.jpg

Picked up a Northern Monk New World IPA for £1.44 today. Last week I bought a Brewdog/Cloudwater collab NEIPA for under £2.

I also think this beauty is one of the new range:
View attachment 32778
Only in Scotland.

Just finished the northern monk and starting the dipa

Attachments

• 20200918_202512.jpg
    20200918_202512.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20200918_211233.jpg
    20200918_211233.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts