Tesco special offers - or not

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesco online groceries have 84 special offers on craft beers with some cans at £1.80 or 3 for £5.25. A few are £1.70 or 4 for £6

But when you sign in, no offers are available! Can someone please see if it happens to everyone, or just me?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-...motion&promotion=offers&sortBy=priceAscending

SWMBO does the Tesco Order every week on line and has done since HD came in. She informs me, when I just asked her, that there are "loads" of offers available at the moment.

For us folks in Scotland, alcohol multibuy deals are against the law.

Rab C Nesbitt has much to answer for. I was born in Greenock - all my Grandparents started out life as Riveters, even the women (that bit not actually true). Big drinking culture in Glasgow / Clyde side, from what I was told by relatives yonks ago. Last year the family of 4 of us, me SWMBO and 2x 20 somethings daughters, spent a long (and very enjoyable & informative weekend (or mid-week) in Edinburgh. Best part of £5 for a 2 litre bottle of cider. For that, and its disgustingly horrible leader, I find it very hard to like the essenpee.

Thanks Mick. I'm in the Highlands, should have known that. Each multibuy would only save about 15p so not really a good deal!

Best part of £5 for a 2 litre bottle of cider. For that, and its disgustingly horrible leader, I find it very hard to like the essenpee.
Well, I can't agree here! aunsure.... For me, there has never been an alcoholic drink on the market worth bothering with at less than 50p a unit (at current prices, obviously).
I've just had a 500ml bottle of Williams Caesar Augustus. At 2.1 units this would have a minimum price of £1.05p. My local Tesco charges £1.60, the Co-op I think £2.00p. Can't blame the SNP for that! ;)
Seriously, though, I am all in favour of banning ridiculously cheap drink - like "White Lightning" cider, that has probably only vaguely seen an apple in its life. The purpose of these "products", surely, is to exploit the vulnerable by making the slide into desperate alcoholism much easier because it's more affordable. 100% about profit, 0% about social conscience.

To return to something like the OP, though, Tesco in Scotland have had some cracking offers on single malts recently. Talisker Skye (my wife's favourite) and Laphroaig 10yr (used to be one of mine - doesn't seem to quite have the same bite these days), in the low £20s instead of the high £30s. Not available at the moment, but they do have Cardhu Gold Reserve reduced from £42 to £26 if that floats your boat. Personally, I think it's terrible - reckon I'd rather swim & sod the boat - but there you go!

I really like the Vocation Life & Death IPA they sell in Tesco and the four packs are generally on a 2 for £9 offer so £1.13 a can. Not a bad deal though I wish the can were bigger (330ml) as they don't seem to last long.

6 pack of Pistonhead in the 2 for £9 is a steal! Their lager and flat tyre ipa are good!

Well, I can't agree here! aunsure.... For me, there has never been an alcoholic drink on the market worth bothering with at less than 50p a unit (at current prices, obviously).
I've just had a 500ml bottle of Williams Caesar Augustus. At 2.1 units this would have a minimum price of £1.05p. My local Tesco charges £1.60, the Co-op I think £2.00p. Can't blame the SNP for that! ;)
Seriously, though, I am all in favour of banning ridiculously cheap drink - like "White Lightning" cider, that has probably only vaguely seen an apple in its life. The purpose of these "products", surely, is to exploit the vulnerable by making the slide into desperate alcoholism much easier because it's more affordable. 100% about profit, 0% about social conscience.
We nipped down to Asda, Carlisle on Saturday and got 24 bottles of craft budweiser, the craft bit is a slightly huge exageration of the truth, for £12 pounds Scots sterling. We never even had to change our money for English pounds which was a bonus. Also grabbed 4 tins from Atom Brewery for £6 which was a nice offer and I would recommend their Rye Pale Ale in the red can, lush but at 7% you need to ca' canny.

Latest posts

Back