Testing the new shiny

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

BrotherMalice

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, all being well I will be getting a brew on tomorrow in my new shiny :)

Giving it a test boil to make sure my cooker can cope!

Algernon

Regular.
Reaction score
Boiled yet, Malice?
What volume is that giant shiny skyscraper you have there? I need to get me one of them, but maybe I could get a size down from that... where did you find it and how much was it, if I may ask?

BrotherMalice

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it to boiling so that proved that it will do the job, started from cold and it wont have to do that on the cooker again.

Its a 100l pot with 40l in it this brew. I got it from the german company that gets mentioned on here regularly this is a good thread

Not sure what I paid for it but I can find out if you need to know?

Will12283

Landlord.
Reaction score
When your not brewing with it why not rent it out its big enough for someone to live in :eek: :party:

BrotherMalice

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there seems to be some form of dust or something similar in this after the 1st use, I didnt bother washing it as it had only had water in it, anyone have any idea what it might me?

Algernon

Regular.
Reaction score
I would guess it is just salts from the water which got left behind when it boiled off. Limescale type stuff. One hopes anyhow...

kev

Landlord.
Reaction score
What you using as a filter on the inside?

K

joe1002

Landlord.
Reaction score
I think Kev means what filter will you be using whan you brew, i.e. what hop filter?

BrotherMalice

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is literally nothing fitted to the pot, its just a pot on the cooker, planning on syphoning out when I do a brew to start with, not sure about putting a tap on it due to thinking about going gas?

Rukula

Regular.
Reaction score
Hmmm.. You should really really consider installing a tap on that thing! Once its full of wort, its a pain to move around

And lucky bastard! i could not get my 36L pot to boil on my stove, so i had to buy something more powerfull. Needless to say: waaay more pricy as well.. :doh:

BrotherMalice

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It only just managed it to be honest, doubt I will actually get to use it on the cooker for a brew, will have to fix my plastic boiler that the cooler that I was given does not fit in...