Thank you

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g.stoeva

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. All your responses are much appreciated

Last edited:
Hey dear beer fans,

I have a project for my master degree and I need to do a research for the UK lager market. Do you think that you can complete a short survey for me? It is regarding the Japanese lager Asahi Super Dry.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2JK2LMS
PS: I have no idea if this is something that is allowed to be posted here, I apologise if is not appropriate and I will fully understand if the admin delete this post.
Done - but sorry most of my responses are "I don't drink lager"

Good luck with the research and masters degree

For a bit of context, read Boake and Bailey, "The Gambrinus Waltz".
I've just done your survey and found it quite stupid. Q4 you give a list for what is my favourite lager and if my favourite isn't there, my other option is, I don't like lager. Having done the survey, I can't get back in to review my answers. I think you're going to rather better than this with your survey for a masters!

You might want to rethink your survey…

4. Do you have favourite brand of lager or you like to try new ones?
This is two questions with probably opposite answers so having yes and no as the options doesn’t really work!

The ‘favourite lager’ question has a list of some brands, if your favourite isn’t listed then the only other option is ‘I don’t drink lager’

For the first 3 questions you can select multiple answers, so you can have “yes”, “no” and “I don’t drink lager”.

I’m all for helping people out for things like this, but something about the “scenario” and the way the survey is worded/set-up doesn’t quite sit right with me.

@g.stoeva there are a number of logical errors in this survey, as have been pointed out. Perhaps a rethink might be in order?

This is why it wasn't delete (we don't normally allow this kind of thing) having read the errors mentioned above i thought it might as well stay to give members a bit of a laugh, if its back door adverting (as suggested by one member) i don't think their profits are going to increase much from its airtime here. :laugh8:

Last edited:
I said I don't drink lager in one question, but not in another. In the first three questions I gave multiple answers, which is nonsense.
I wonder if the OP will be back.

I doubt it!

The thing is... Asahi is actually something I enjoy very much on occasion, so if this is some kind of sub-culture marketing campaign I kinda like it, hey... it's got us talking and everyone saw Asahi right?

If this is something from Asahi, it's probably written by the same people who run the Fullers Twitter account.
I asked about ten days ago if there will be an Imperial Stout this year and apart from "I'll find out" after a week, I've heard nothing.

If it is genuine, it's a little rude not to ask permission from the forum owner. When given the OK, surely you'd introduce yourself (name, institution etc) and give a brief outline of your thesis/argument at the very least.

Pitching to the wrong audience I think. I'm also not averse to a lager on occasion but the list of what lager do you drink was missing may brands, what are you supposed to tick if your favourite isn't there. I also don't think I've ever drank Asahi but then I went to a lot of clubs in my younger days so who knows 😆

If it is genuine, it's a little rude not to ask permission from the forum owner.

You are right and as i said above -
We don't normally allow this kind of thing having read the errors mentioned above i thought it might as well stay to give members a bit of a laugh, if its back door adverting (as suggested by one member) i don't think their profits are going to increase much from its airtime here. :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back