Thatcher

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joint First
Thatcher escalating a military stand off by sinking a ship that had turned away killing many British and Argentinian military
Tony Blair not finding weapons of mass destruction and doing the same.
As you know I do not get too involved in politics but when people die that need not because of power I have to point it out

When i saw this i did think couldn't they have done this on 4 May 1979. ;)
hhhh.jpg

According to The Guardian …

The Conservative leader of South Kesteven council, said the statue was a fitting tribute to a unique political figure.

If “unique” stood for “divisive” or “hated” then I would agree!

BTW, I’ll be happy to report to my cousin Stewart (he’s only 76!) that the statue has been placed on a three metre high plinth!

This means that neither he, nor any other like-minded people, can attack the statue with cricket bats; so I best get more eggs and tomatoes in!
:hat:

I well remember that about nine years ago this song was heading for No.1 in the UK Charts!

The phrase where I lived is still “Gone but the damage she did has not been forgotten!”

In an era when we are removing the statues of people who were against the working class, why oh why are we erecting a statue to one of the most hated and divisive people in the history of the UK?
aheadbutt

Personally, I believe that the statue should never have been made or erected; and I hope that it is removed very soon.

Joint First
…….

………
What makes it worse for me is that I actually voted for him!
aheadbutt

BTW I still wonder why John Prescott (Mr Blair’s Deputy) was vilified in the media for the left-jab he produced after a total stranger assaulted him with an egg. All my family agree that Mr Prescott would have done a much bettered job with a right-hook!

Thatcher's long gone. Blair will never make a comeback. The real and present danger is Johnson, every bit as vile as the other two put together. Let's not take our eye off the ball.
Similarly, egging an inanimate lump of metal may be symbolic, but egging the nerds who put it there would be far more appropriate.

What makes it worse for me is that I actually voted for him!
aheadbutt

BTW I still wonder why John Prescott (Mr Blair’s Deputy) was vilified in the media for the left-jab he produced after a total stranger assaulted him with an egg. All my family agree that Mr Prescott would have done a much bettered job with a right-hook!
Me too I think he did the right thing but not hard enoiugh :laugh8:

Johnson is catching up very quickly in hatred as far as I'm concerned. Would Thatcher stood for all the sleaze that this government as got? Pretty much spent the whole of my youth campaigning to rid the country of her. Would be doing the same to get rid of Johnson if the avenues were there but political unrest seems to have moved on from demonstration's now.

Joint First
Thatcher escalating a military stand off by sinking a ship that had turned away killing many British and Argentinian military
As you know I do not get too involved in politics but when people die that need not because of power I have to point it out
In which case you really need to add Johnson

I don't think I've seen anyone contribute more to the breakup of the union that Johnson. Nor have I seen any PM with more contempt for either the truth or for Parliament. 😡

Latest posts

Back