THBC shipping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyberjip

Regular.
Reaction score
Not offering free delivery over £70 anymore, or is it temporary while they try to deal with the coronavirus demand spike.

They're not taking any orders at the moment anyway. Luckily I got my order in on Sunday and received it this afternoon which is actually quicker than usual. But I guess everyone else got their orders in too!

They're not taking any orders at the moment anyway. Luckily I got my order in on Sunday and received it this afternoon which is actually quicker than usual. But I guess everyone else got their orders in too!
I got an order in yesterday but I did a big one to get the free shipping that never materialised.

Everyone should be learning some scripting languages to interval check for Asda slots and homebrew sites taking orders. You could set up a subscription service on a website and chage people for notifications.

I ordered malt over four weeks ago from them which still hasn’t arrived. Many emails and still no sign of it!

I ordered malt over four weeks ago from them which still hasn’t arrived. Many emails and still no sign of it!
That is not good. I ordered 17/3 and that arrived exactly 1 week later. Also ordered on 3/4 and that arrived 10 days later.
Are they replying to your emails?

All my experiences with THBC have been good. I ordered on 23 March, had email that it was dispatched 4 days later, but it took another week for the courier to deliver. Not bad considering.

I wonder if the courier has lost your order? Although DPD usually provide excellent service, so that would be rare too.

Very odd.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Everyone should be learning some scripting languages to interval check for Asda slots and homebrew sites taking orders. You could set up a subscription service on a website and chage people for notifications.

Been there done that 😀 just something I knocked up for me and a friend. Checks tesco slots and when one becomes available emails me and sends a notification to Alexa 👍🏻

That is not good. I ordered 17/3 and that arrived exactly 1 week later. Also ordered on 3/4 and that arrived 10 days later.
Are they replying to your emails?
Yes, so had a reply today that they had some orders which lost they’re stickers on the way to the couriers and we’re returned but they didn’t know who’s order was who’s. Been posted today.

I don’t suppose this is something you’d be happy to share is it?
Once you share something like that someone else will share it and before you know it your advantage is gone. Then you'll get accused of being mean for not sharing. You just can't win.

Once you share something like that someone else will share it and before you know it your advantage is gone. Then you'll get accused of being mean for not sharing. You just can't win.
I’ve been looking to have a python or lua script to run on my HA system but don’t have the skills to get anything working as yet. I would be grateful if @clyne were to share his knowledge with me but would completely understand were he to decide he didn’t want to. No hard feelings and all that.

Hey @Markk - don't really want to share it as it's pretty hacky (i.e. quite a bit hardcoded so it'd need changed to work for someone else). Happy to share the idea and issues if that's any help? One thing I would say is that you probably won't be able to script it without emulating a browser. From what I could make it there are some client side javascript functions executing to set certain cookies so if you just try to simulate HTTP GET/POST's then it will probably fail as those functions don't tend to let client side functions run. Drop me a PM if you want more info ;)

Top company THBC. Ordered my grains and other bits and bobs on the Sun 12 Apr as soon as the grains were back on their website and the carrier has just delivered them today. That is 8 days from order to delivery and I life in the Highlands of Scotland. Had to pay P&P delivery charges this time thou, still I can live with that. Thank you Mr HBC and Mr Carrier. Happy brewer.

I ordered malt etc last week and arrived yesterday...took about 8 days from order to delivery and that's to the highlands also...postage etc was standard £7.96 I think which suits me as most others were charging 20 plus or wouldnt deliver at all

Latest posts

Back