The art of parking.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I couldn't help but diagnose the errors. The driver had the pieces of the correct actions (turning the wheel, lining it up for final approach) but the driver never did them in the correct order or at the correct time.
It appears that the person has read on how to park but has never parked.
Interesting. Or it's a setup or the driver was drunk/drugged.

I'm going to have fun checking those out. **** **** **** **** ****-***** **********. It works!
It's gonna depend a lot on the sophistication of the software. There are (or used to be) some very naíve matching algorithms. Made it difficult to write posts referencing bars in Scunthorpe for example.

2E381DB6-92BD-435D-8E4C-5B60FDE9358E.jpeg

This is a photo I took years ago in Essex. Says it all really.

Does anyone ever pay them ? Private company with no enforcement route apart from civil action. Roll up and throw in the bin
Ok to do that but what most people don't realise is that it actually gets logged for non payment and will effect your credit rating...

To be fair to your second picture we do not know the context, I once pulled up on 'blues and twos' jumped out and ran into the Job Centre in response to an officer assistance call - I think I even left the blue lights on. When I came out 10 minutes later the same bloke who had watched me arrive had a go at me for parking on double yellow lines. I politely informed him that the force webpage contained details of how he might make a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't but if you look at the car in the picture and the one in the clip it would appear that the blue lights are not switched on as either one side or the other would be illuminated.

1642529396550.png

You may be right. One one occasion we took our Mobile Station van down to the square on a Saturday night. By a mistake it was left there (the usual - the person with the keys went home and left them in their locker). A 'enthusiastic' traffic thingumabob (council I hasten to add) gave it a parking ticket. The local paper reported it and the force paid up. Cakes were bought by the relevant parties and the inspector pretended to be cross. In reality, our ethos is 'assume everything you do and say is being recorded and every email you send will be on the front page of the daily mail'. Unless it is an emergency, police vehicles are not exempt from parking restrictions and any complaint will be investigated. All out vehicles are fitted with trackers and telematics which can be examined.

One of the enthusiastic new traffic wardens gave our council road sweeper a ticket when it was parked in the council run pay and display car park (the driver was using the public toilet) they didn't do that again :laugh8:

One of the enthusiastic new traffic wardens gave our council road sweeper a ticket when it was parked in the council run pay and display car park (the driver was using the public toilet) they didn't do that again :laugh8:
We had a case of an ambulance being given a ticket outside a shopping centrre while the crew were inside attending to a cardiac arrest! Funnily enough the council 'discarded' the ticket!

I'd offer my spot up to a horse and buggy because horses are awesome. I bet the horse has a clean driving record when by itself.
I think I figured out what happened in the photo below:
1642625675371.png

The truck driver thought the Vette driver was such a doosh for parking that way, he was trying to rile up the Vette owner.

Back