Quantcast

The Beer Snack Thread.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

prog99

Landlord.
Reaction score
How I miss those complimentary sunday afternoon bar snacks of my youth - lumps of cheese, peanuts, cocktail sausages, maybe a few roast potatoes. Anything to perk you up and give you a thirst !
Ah, tapas in spain. Went for a few drinks after dinner in Calpe a few years ago and before you knew it every beer had a wee plate of nibbles with it. It was hard to say no, they were pretty good and all complimentary.

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Tonight's Imp Stout went down well with some Malteasers.

Re-fallen in love with salted peanuts recently but generally I tend not to snack when drinking.

Markk

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, peanuts for me too. Love the dry roasted ones (especially the last mouthful from the bottom of the bag) Also can’t beat a large bowl of Bombay mix.

Last edited:

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kettle crisps, actually anything crisp related, total sucker for them, hence the wardrobe of slim outfits unlikely to be reached again.... sigh..

A

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bought about £100 of nuts at the start of the first lockdown delivered direct from the Dormen company - peanuts in a spicy shell; cashews; smoked almonds and Japanese rice crackers. Got in the habit of tucking in to a pack or 3 at 6pm each evening once work finished for the day. Amazingly calorific and no doubt contributed to putting best part of a stone on despite significantly lowering my beer intake ue to no longer having 3 or 4 pints of a lunchtime.