The beer, wine and cider snack thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Fuzzy Growler

Landlord.
Reaction score
Stout Sunday with crispy coated chilli nuts from Lidl, bosh them in microwave for 30 secs for a warming beer snack
IMG_20210207_150050049.jpg

Mrhandsome

Landlord.
Reaction score
Made some hog lumps whilst making some maple baked ham yesterday (they're in the bowl behind the beer...)
IMG_20210208_153346_148.jpg

Anyway.... Whilst I was trying to figure out this weird infected beer MY WIFE ATE THEM ALL!

I got about four pieces, but they were great.

Reaction score
Made Nadia's chicken shawarma recipe this week. I love chicken and this would do me fine on its own, bread, chips ,flatbreads or omlette + beer
View attachment 39417 View attachment 39418 View attachment 39419 View attachment 39420
I made this for dinner last night and served with Punjabi potatoes, to which I added green beans, peas, chilli eggplant and fresh coriander.
001.JPG

Got a big tick of approval from the wife and the title, 'Genius'
Which was further augmented when I pointed out that it was the gladiators who entertained the masses in ancient Rome, not alligators, as she had entered in her crossword puzzle. :laugh8:

Jim Brewster

Malt teaser
Reaction score
Free snack, potato peels tossed with a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt, chucked in oven on a baking tray while cooking a roast dinner, until they're crispy but before they go bitter.

Makes quite tasty crisps. If you like chips with the skin on you'll like these. Also work with a bit of cumin, onion powder, chilli powder etc.

Last edited:

trummy

Regular.
Reaction score
Made an 'Irish cheese' with a half pint of Old London Porter (Ritchie kit) Should have ended up as a white cheese with marbling through it. Well it didn't, it ended up a yucky grey and it tasted foul!( No other way to describe it). However waste not want not- I used the whey/porter residue in a Sourdough loaf mix - The resulting loaf was wonderful! Probably the most tasty loaf I have produced up to now!