The beer, wine and cider snack thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got inspired
968D1487-5E89-4A4D-BDCE-CD99374E2662.jpeg

My local from my younger days was good...you'd have anything up to 40 lads in the tiny bar all drinking far too much,playing pool and pinball...the landlord would bring out great big plates of chips,butties and sometimes chops..it got a bit wild at times...he left a mop and bucket out for us to clean up the spills..

I tried the chickpeas tonight, going with the paprika and garlic idea, but I under did the seasoning so were a bit bland. Onwards
and upwards though and I'll smother the next batch🙂

475607EE-F324-4899-8E51-B7FDD1D89B9A.jpeg

Inspired by previous posters.
2 cans chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried on kitchen paper.
Spread out and baked on greaseproof at 180C for 45 mins. Tip into big bowl, add 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp fine salt and a couple of tbsp of olive oil. Shake it baby, then back on the greaseproof for 15 mins at 180C.
Let cool for 10 mins.

Spicy! :) Maybe easy on the chilli next time. Maybe not.

Today I've boiled a small gammon in some stock veg then glazed it with mustard and honey and roasted it.
Part of the process is to remove the rind before glazing...which is usually thrown away. I've turned mine into pork scratchings!

Inspired by previous posters.
2 cans chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried on kitchen paper.
Spread out and baked on greaseproof at 180C for 45 mins. Tip into big bowl, add 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp fine salt and a couple of tbsp of olive oil. Shake it baby, then back on the greaseproof for 15 mins at 180C.
Let cool for 10 mins.

Spicy! :) Maybe easy on the chilli next time. Maybe not.
I have a tin of those, and I'm going for it. 30p from Aldi (drained weight 240g).

Trip to Lidl today and came back with my favourite beer snack.
48EE18BD-A3A9-4527-9C8A-CEE1D5645F99.jpeg

Edit: Will be making some of those delicious looking chickpeas later I think

I have a tin of those, and I'm going for it. 30p from Aldi (drained weight 240g).
Well, I did that.

Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas.
Cook at 180°C for 15 mins.
Remove baking sheet. Chase chickpeas around, and put in cleaned-out Christmas pudding pot, add oil, ground chilli, garlic, paprika, stir.
Put in shallow baking tin.
Cook at 180°C for 15 mins.

A bit too dry and crunchy. 'Cos fan oven? Can't put in the range, it's full of firewood.

For 30p and a bit of spice, I will try another go, but reduce the cooking time by ⅓. Perhaps they'd be better then. Salt helps, but I don't want to put salt on.

Back