The best recipes for Christmas leftovers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw these on a site earlier feel free to add ones you have found or your own -

Last edited:
Even though I don't mind a curry I wouldn't make a leftovers turkey curry..our left overs will go in sandwiches for the evening..just right with pickled onions and some beers!
I like the sound of the turkey and leek pie
After a few days if Christmas food I get sick of it and just fancy curry or something with chips!
A bit of turkey will be kept for our dogs and cats as a treat.
I've bought less food this year as there's only us four..my boys won't eat much meat if any so no point in buying it.

Even though I don't mind a curry I wouldn't make a leftovers turkey curry..our left overs will go in sandwiches for the evening..just right with pickled onions and some beers!
I like the sound of the turkey and leek pie
After a few days if Christmas food I get sick of it and just fancy curry or something with chips!
A bit of turkey will be kept for our dogs and cats as a treat.
I've bought less food this year as there's only us four..my boys won't eat much meat if any so no point in buying it.

I love a good curry Clint and might have a good read of your curry thread next year to get some good tips 👍
The Mrs has to have a major op and will be incapacitated for months.
I'll have to step up to the plate and make a change from chips and egg, chips and steak, chips and gammon, chips and,,, well you get the picture 😁

I was mocked greatly by the kids yesterday for making turkey and ham pizzas in the snow. Didn’t stop the wee shites from hoovering them up afterwards.
2BF93DB0-F427-4E97-915D-F41408DCDEC8.jpeg

3FFAD80B-B5C3-4612-95A6-3077FC814935.jpeg

I'm making a leftovers 'pork pie' tomorrow. Layers of different meats (turkey, beef, ham), some stuffing, leftover gravy in a deep pork pie mould with a mega buttery shortcrust pastry.

Can I have a recipe for this please?

I had a Turkey and ham pie today and it was lovely.
Pretty much what I described except the pastry.

For the pastry 200g butter, 300g flour, pinch of salt. Rub the butter into the flour and add a small amount of water to bind.

Line the tin with pastry and add the various leftovers in layers, you can add pickle/cranberry/chutney if you fancy it too. Cheese if you're really feeling adventurous... Top with a pastry lid, egg wash and bake at 180°C till golden (around 20-25 mins).

Made sweet and sour turkey balls and they were absolutely spot on. I'm using up the last of the 5 litres of sweet and sour following Chin and Choo's recipe but I actually prefer Khoan Vong's version and even Alex Wilkie's really fast version. Chin and Choo's tastes too 'complex', almost like restaurant quality rather than takeaway sugar,vinegar,colouring quality. I want my stuff to taste like what I know.

Got 2kg of msg at the start of the year but ran out of potato starch but that's sorted now. Rah! Back in the game.

Made sweet and sour turkey balls and they were absolutely spot on. I'm using up the last of the 5 litres of sweet and sour following Chin and Choo's recipe but I actually prefer Khoan Vong's version and even Alex Wilkie's really fast version. Chin and Choo's tastes too 'complex', almost like restaurant quality rather than takeaway sugar,vinegar,colouring quality. I want my stuff to taste like what I know.

Got 2kg of msg at the start of the year but ran out of potato starch but that's sorted now. Rah! Back in the game.
I remember the first time I made my wife sweet and sour. Her comments whilst it was cooking were 'it smells like sick' 😂

She soon changed her tune when she tasted it.

Then afterwards we ate sweet and sour chicken.

Latest posts

Back