The Brewie now available for pre-order

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A clever machine but i can see a lot of brewers not liking it as its too automated and expensive he says "lay back and enjoy the fruits of your work" i don't think there is much "work" involved.

Wow impressive.

My first reaction was, what a ridiculous way to brew. Why would you remove all the labour of a hobby?
But that being said. It can be pretty handy. Lately I've been incredibly busy. Something like this would really allow me to continue the recipe generation and fermentation part of brewing. While right now I often don't have time for any because it would take an entire day.

Also I thought "Only 20 L?" but when its fully automated you can just run the same thing twice in a weekend and add it all to the same fermenter.
I kinda like the idea!

Some people have said it would take all the fun out of brewing but some people dont want fun they want beer. I see at as analogous to a bread machine. You could go to the shop and buy a loaf but some people want the home made-iness without the hassle. So I guess it would appeal to those people. Bit expensive mind.

I like the idea of such automated systems for when I am retired and too old to be busy 5 hours to brew.

I'm all for gadgets, tech and the idea of having more of an automated brew day, but have come to realise that I can make really nice beer with not alot more than a modified tea urn(early model of the karlsten mash tun). Going by the price of my batch I did today I could make 52 23l brews with the same money. Like others who posted already homebrewers who just want no hassle will go for something like this.

I can see the idea behind it....chuck it all in, switch on and come back later.
I think if you're not inclined to be that involved in the start you won't be at the middle and end as to make beer you need to be aware and involved...the devil is in the detail especially fermentation,cleaning etc.
What about cleaning? Storage? Is it heavy? Do you need to leave it in one place? At least semi automatic system like grain father are compact and are easily moved and maintained.

I think if you're not inclined to be that involved in the start you won't be at the middle and end as to make beer you need to be aware and involved...the devil is in the detail especially fermentation,cleaning etc.
I disagree with this. Firstly you could (not that I’m saying either of us are) point the same accusations at kit brewers and they are pretty well versed in sanitation etc.

Secondly, if you are going to throw that kind of money at a Brewie, you should probably do your homework first. It’ll mainly be kit brewers who want a major upgrade or AG brewers who struggle for time who would want one of these IMO, rather than a complete newb thinking they can bung everything in a machine and have beer at the end.

Yes...agree on experienced brewers wanting to spend on shiny...not dissing kit brewers at all...I like most of us started with kits..nothing wrong there. I think you describe better than me ...not a quick fix for making decent beer...you still need to have mastered the basics.

Same involvement as kit beer, but with control over the recipe and no twang. Can see it having appeal to many is it wasn't so expensive. I disagree with the 'quick fix' comments, I don't think it would be that hard to take a recipe from a book or the Internet and brew it on this, no knowledge required. Do all AGers formulate their own recipes?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2k to an Indiegogo startup? I think not. I'd buy a braumeister if I had that much cash to put into something like this. At least Speidel will be around if it goes wrong.

I'd be tempted by something like that at this point in my life when the commitments of family life don't allow me the ~6hrs+ to do an AG brew even with something like the Grainfather but at £2k I think not. Would have to make and drink a lot of beer to break even on that one :D

As with anything though it will have it's early adopters and then the price will slowly come down until some place in China reverse engineers it and then we'll be getting them for £300 (maybe).

Latest posts

Back