The Brewie now available for pre-order

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The long thread on HBT is enlightening. There's a phrase involving bargepoles that seems relevant here.

2k to an Indiegogo startup? I think not. I'd buy a braumeister if I had that much cash to put into something like this. At least Speidel will be around if it goes wrong.
My thoughts exactly.

Bet the cleaning of it takes just as long as with my Grainfather. That's the bit that's not so enjoyable. The actual setting up, brewing etc I find very enjoyable.

I wonder if the Brewie element can be changes as this was one of the big pluses for the Braumeister when we had the Braumeister v GF poll.

Looks like a twin tub...I suppose you could soak your socks and knickers in it...
I always thought a washing machine could be converted to an automated brew machine, put your bag of grain in the drum and the wash cycle is the mash re program a hot rinse for the sparge and then it all goes back in for a boil with the hop additions in the powder tray. Its self cleaning aswell.

I always thought a washing machine could be converted to an automated brew machine, put your bag of grain in the drum and the wash cycle is the mash re program a hot rinse for the sparge and then it all goes back in for a boil with the hop additions in the powder tray. Its self cleaning aswell.
That is how they make Greene King IPA, with one hop pellet and a load of dirty washing to give that lovely zingy taste.

I wonder if the Brewie element can be changes as this was one of the big pluses for the Braumeister when we had the Braumeister v GF poll

If the GF element blows and can't be easily replaced I'd just pop a 3kw SS one straight through the bottom and control it either with the GF box or one of my PID based control boxes. It's not a problem.

Aamcle

If the GF element blows and can't be easily replaced I'd just pop a 3kw SS one straight through the bottom and control it either with the GF box or one of my PID based control boxes. It's not a problem.
Aamcle

I didn't know it was that easy and no one mentioned it in the thread, if this is the case i wonder why members were so concerned about the longevity of the element in these machines?

It's not that easy it'll would require a sizable hole to be drilled in the urns base, perfectly viable but lots of members are drill shy!.

One of the nice things about the GF is the smooth base having to fit a new element while it may well save hundreds of pounds it would ruin the look of the thing and it would be slightly harder to clean.

I can do it, you could do it, but I'd carefully check the price of either a dealer repair or the price of the parts first.

Aamcle

Greene King is made by mashing the entire content of a very dirty rabbit hutch in tramps long John's...
Self cleaning.... followed by scrubbing all those corners....

I also don't like the pre order bit....they haven't got the stock...it's not made. They will make/order enough to cover initial pre orders to which there will be a couple of months waiting while they ship...

I also don't like the pre order bit....they haven't got the stock...it's not made. They will make/order enough to cover initial pre orders to which there will be a couple of months waiting while they ship...

They don't have the stock because they failed to design a cardboard box that could protect the unit during shipping. Click to read. They're just kids playing at real manufacturing with other people's money.

Here's a man who doesn't realise that the main problem with retirement is "However did I find the time to go to work?"

I like the idea of such automated systems for when I am retired and too old to be busy 5 hours to brew.

Also, if you are "... too old to be busy 5 hours to brew." the last thing you need is a gadget that you "switch-on and forget" because as sure as hell you will do exactly that ...

... and some days later wonder what that funny smell is that's coming from the garage! :thumb:

One potentially good bit about this gadget is that spending £2,000 on one would result in an instantaneous divorce so I suppose that it's worth bearing in mind! :laugh8:

They don't have the stock because they failed to design a cardboard box that could protect the unit during shipping. Click to read. They're just kids playing at real manufacturing with other people's money.
Reading that one page of their forum would frighten the life out of me if I'd shelled out £2000 for a Brewie.
It all sounds like amateur time using other peoples cash.

Back