The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Him and the rest of the Welsh parliament cronies need to f*ck off.
It's bad enough being run by a bunch of morons in Westminster that were voted in, never mind these cocks.

Agreed, all sorts of goods in supermarkets are being taped off so you can only sell essentials. "this is to protect the smaller retailers" - Should have kept them open then mate - guess where many are NOW going to be buying from - yep - Amazon - can't see that protecting the smaller retailers.

And yet off-licences are still allowed open - well I suppose there are worse ways to spend a circuit break than in an alcoholic stupor.

This shows how stupid UK borders are. In reality there are no border and I'm sure the virus does not recognise them. We need one set of rules for the whole country.

As I read that article, even as a silly little non scientist, I began to think - hang on a min, this isn't a scientific critique, this is a political polemic.

Then, at the bottom, we learn the author is a member of the alternative Sage group. I rest my case.
the majority of the scientific community believe herd immunity is not a viable method.

None of the herd immunity advocates provide any detail or analysis as to how the vulnerable can be kept shielded for the length of time it would take for community infection to reach natural herd immunity.

There's a decent percentage in the US (30%-40+%) that possesses little to no agreement on the virus as being a significant event. I suppose it's a few factors that creates this non-unified, US attitude toward the pandemic, factors in which people are already familiar with.
I think the overwhelming of the hospital community/industry (human resources and physical resources) caused by those being sent to ICU should be enough to light the fire of purpose for, and rally, everyone to strictly abide by the protocol. The most I can say about strictly following the protocol is that my hands get a little dry, my glasses fog up more often than I'm used to, I shop in larger quantities and I have to be mindful of when I shop to avoid crowds.
Obviously, the US isn't even coming close to following its own CDC guidelines (the opposite is done by many and often) for various reasons. It's not only a political divide, either.
1603820514750.png

I was out jogging, on that sidewalk on the left, and I went past a shop and there were 15 people or so, all in close proximity and no protocols being followed. I was a little bummed to see that.
Fun story: it is also on that same street where two pit bulls on leashes lunged up at me as I was passing their owner. Just some teeth marks/scratches. Some people shouldn't own dogs.

Back