The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe just the wrong thread.
This is a cracking forum.

No, it's not. No racism at all. I was quoting something Boris Johnson said. I was using it to pour further scorn upon the man, ill or not. The member can google it. Nothing wrong with this thread or this forum. The admins wouldn't allow that.

Sorry, it was letterbox he said. He failed to condemn directly, the use of the term when asked to by a Labour MP.

You gonna offer me outside for a fight now like?

Sorry Guys, but that is just appalling racism. And it gets likes. I'm obviously in the wrong forum. Bye.

I wanted to let Stephenj answer for himself. But I assure you THBF isn't and never will be a home for racism. Apart from being reprehensible racism is clearly against forum rules and would be removed as soon as it was spotted by a member of the mod team or reported by forum members (and members are very good at this kind of thing). Any member engaging in such behaviour would be warned and if they were to continue prevented from using the forum

Sorry, it was letterbox he said.

You mean that article he wrote that explicitly defended a woman's right to wear a burka, however stupid and oppressive we might think they are? The same article that criticised countries that banned them? That article? And in your brain, because of that article that took an inherently liberal position you somehow make the jump to the skin colour of the Dr's treating the PM and the term .bongo bongo'?

Are you sure you don't have issues with people with differing colour skin than yourself. I mean, you know Islam is a religion, not a race, right?

I'm sure I don't have a problem with anyone, other than those accusing me or something I am not. Liberal or racist, or whatever it is you think you know about me. Are you assuming my skin colour by the way?

I was using it (incorrectly it is apparently clear) to refer to the fact the he is now in the hands of doctors and nurses, whom maybe of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, sexuality, or any other defining characteristics, the very people he has in the past spoken of in negative terms.

I apologise for mis-quoting or attributing that quote to him. I do not apologise for the sentiment. Kick me off the forum if needed for that, but not racism.

I'm sure I don't have a problem with anyone, other than those accusing me or something I am not.

Irony alert. You've just accused Boris of saying things he has never said, then you come out with that gem.

Look Stephen, I have to admit to joshing with you. I'm not a Boris fan, per se, but do find the whole 'Boris is racist and said racist things' arguments offensive, because all of the things people usually claim he said, five minutes googling demonstrates that he either didn't say any such thing, or in case of the letter box example, was actually taking a position diametrically opposite to what his opponents claim, and that's just wrong, whatever you think of him personally. A fair hearing should be given to everyone, irrespective of their opinions.

MyQul has covered the forums stand on the use of the term bongo bongo land in this instance its a new day can we now move on.

Latest posts

Back