The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The small businesses (I'm specifically talking about welder fabricators) who employ maybe one person, who for tax purposes were advised to make themselves directors and pay themselves a wage, aren't entitled to anything. They can pay their 1 employee 80%, but can't claim it back until June, whilst no money is coming in.
They could work, as the guidlines say if you can't work from home, you can still work, but most building sites have closed so if they've got work they can't do it anyway.
The 80% furlough pay should be received within 6 days now the scheme is open according to the .gov sites info for claiming. I plan to put in a claim for it this week so should know soon. Also as a director if they paid themselves on PAYE I think they could furlough themselves but not claim for self employment as there not self employed they just own the company than employs them. Also the self employment scheme is not open yet and it says if you can claim they will contact you in mid this month.

I would read this not risk killing my and many others family members.

Coronavirus - if you're self-employed

If your income has dropped because of coronavirus, you might be able to get money from the government.

You could get 80% of your average profits up to a maximum of £2,500 per month. This is called the Self-employment Income Support Scheme.

If you're eligible, you can get money to cover until at least the end of June 2020.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-if-youre-self-employed/

Its ******** chippy they are gettin nothing right now..

If Lockdown is released in June before they have to give in to this they have scrweed self emplyoed over

My partner is self emplyed she is absolutley screwed over her income has gone to pracitcally zero shes been SE for years aswell and has to hope the government will invite her to apply.

If this lockdown goes on my longer she will be "breaking the rules" to come live with me.. I will help her to work so she can feed herself and her child. In turn she can help look after my kids so I can work as my work are threatening people who dont work from office they must come in no options.. People can judge away but when you are destitute and deperate we have no choice. I won't apologise to no one for it either.

when going on shopfloor at my work I have got to wear a face mask..

gloves are optional however I think gloves carry a greater risk of cross contamination unless you dispose of them immediatley.

This is what I wonder about the masks and gloves you see people wearing in super market , are they keeping the same mask and gloves?

otherwise they are going to just be putting on contaminated PPE gear all the time.

This is what I wonder about the masks and gloves you see people wearing in super market , are they keeping the same mask and gloves?

The masks are not to stop us getting the virus they are to stop us giving it to others (if we have it) so i guess if you use the same one all day as long as you don't put the side that touches your face down on any surface that could be contaminated it should carry on doing its job.

The masks are not to stop us getting the virus they are to stop us giving it to others (if we have it) so i guess if you use the same one all day as long as you don't put the side that touches your face down on any surface that could be contaminated it should carry on doing its job.

But I bet people aren't doing that. I put my mask straight in the washing machine when I get back from the supermarket

But I bet people aren't doing that. I put my mask straight in the washing machine when I get back from the supermarket

If people are too stupid to realise putting the mask down on a table for a few minutes then putting it back on could cause issues there isnt a lot the government can do and at least the rest of us will be protected if they are wearing one.

If people are too stupid to realise putting the mask down on a table for a few minutes then putting it back on could cause issues there isnt a lot the government can do and at least the rest of us will be protected if they are wearing one.

people are too stupid to follow arrows in tescos :laugh8:

Take it you dont live in Walford, nobody has one there,

We are talking about what will happen when the government relaxes the lock down its assumed people will be told to wear a mask for the reasons i gave earlier. (below)

The things is afaik this hasnt been explained to people by the government. Yes, it's pretty simple to find these things out using google but I think an announcement in the daily briefings along the lines of 'If your going to use a mask...' would be helpful

The things is afaik this hasnt been explained to people by the government. Yes, it's pretty simple to find these things out using google but I think and announcement along the lines of 'If your going to use a mask...' would be helpful

If they are going to make us wear masks i am sure (i hope) they will explain who has to wear them, when and with some simple Do's and Don'ts.

I think that would be a very good idea, like Cov says, some people cant even follow the arrows in Tesco

We can only hope MyQul if they (and we) don't get this right the second wave could be as bad or far worse than we worried the first could be.

I wonder if there will be a system in teh future that whether you are tested immune or have had it and "currently" carry antibodies whether you can wear an armband or something to ensure that you are at least "safe" ..

But, has it been proved that having had it gives you any immunity? I think it's still unknown. And if it does, how long for?

Suns out here today, people are driving past my house as normal, I can hear kids out, smell barbecues and the ice cream man has just turned up.
My immediate neighbours on one side sometimes have kids there, sometime 1 sometimes 2. They also have an teenager who goes out all the time and comes home at midnight. The other side gets visits from some (60ish) old geezer in a sports car with the top down. Honestly I think we're the only ones on the estate that are staying in.
I've still got the bike I bought for my Grandson in the spare bedroom, his birthday was 2nd April.
I'm personally getting a bit peeved with staying in all the time, and not seeing my family, when everyone else seems to be carrying on as normal.
Lots more deaths occurred in the 2014-15 flu season and no one batted an eyelid.

But, has it been proved that having had it gives you any immunity? I think it's still unknown. And if it does, how long for?

Dunno, there will be some period of time though for sure anti body pattern recognistion will maintain it for some time otherwise a household would just keep cathing it over and over

Back