The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Average :roll:

Do you honestly believe Kyle would leave Pep to join Clippety Klopp, he is doing fine, he joined in 2017.

rrrrrr.jpg
I wont burst your bubble Chippy by putting a proper trophy list on clapa clapa athumb..:tinhat:

Interesting article from the BBC on why being a fat git massive improves your chance of dying from C19

This question has been the subject of many studies as experts try to work out the answer.

Why is being obese a risk?
The more overweight you are, the more fat you're carrying, the less fit you are and the lower your lung capacity. This means it is a bigger struggle to get oxygen into the blood and around the body. This impacts on the heart and blood flow too.

"Because people are more overweight, they also have a demand for more oxygen. So that means their system is actually undergoing greater pressure," says Prof Naveed Sattar, from the University of Glasgow.

During an infection like coronavirus, this can be serious.

"Eventually the obese body becomes overwhelmed by the lack of oxygen getting to the major organs," says Dr Dyan Sellayah, from the University of Reading.

That is one reason why overweight and obese people in intensive care are more likely to need assistance with breathing and support with kidney function.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52561757

And a study of critically ill patients in UK intensive care units found that nearly 34.5% were overweight, 31.5% were obese and 7% morbidly obese (a total of 73%), compared to 26% with a healthy BMI

Which sounds impressive until you recall the obesity data I linked to a while back, which says that among other things, 78% of men aged between 45 and 74 are obese or overweight (and eyeballing the graph, around 75% of men >75). Guess who are most likely to find themselves in ICU for Covid?

I'm not saying it's not a factor, but it's not the most helpful reporting.

I wont burst your bubble Chippy by putting a proper trophy list on clapa clapa athumb..:tinhat:

All credit to your team for what you have won in the past but Clipperty wasn't the manager then and Pep wasn't ours what he has done for our club since he arrived is more than i could have dreamed of remember all the rag back pages saying he won trophies with ready made teams (Barcelona, Bayern Munich) and he would fail at City i am so glad he proved them wrong. ;)

5 live reporter - "We have to get football back to lift the people"

I like to watch football when i can but nothing could be further from the truth hoe can you keep a safe distance playing football, are they going to give the players red cards if they spit, are they going to force the medical staff, kit men/women, chefs, groundsmen/women and all other staff to go back to work just because they are worried clubs will not survive, unbelievable.

I thought one of the good things to come out of the pandemic would be an end to football... (In any way, shape or form)...

I thought one of the good things to come out of the pandemic would be an end to football... (In any way, shape or form)...

You may well get your wish. I was listening to the radio (I think yesterday) and the various football leagues are desperate for the lockdown to end because they're losing so much money which may cause a number of clubs to fold

Back