The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm spoilt as we live in the countryside, and our house, like most round here, has a sizable front and back garden so during 'PE' the little one and I can go outside and pay tig or sticky tennis, or I can put her in the wheelbarrow and run around the garden. The daily exercise has been a walk with her and the good lady round the lanes in the evening, and I've been out once to Maybo for our food shop. Today's exercise will be a bike ride on my own. It's not too bad; the good lady and I had some booze last night and the teenager joined us (not on the booze!) to do a virtual streamed pub quiz on Facebook run by a bar in Louth, which was a good laugh.

Project work has dried up so work have me on support calls, so I still feel useful. All in all, so far so good.
In a similar situation, stuck out in the sticks on half a hectare. Really feel for those stuck in a flat without even a balcony as we had to do that once. I had to resort to making kit beer in the bathroom and wash up the fermenters in the bath. (Which, by the way, is the best way I've found of cleaning FV's the shower head is great for washing things out).

In view off what i wrote last night i apologise, i am leaving the forum, i may return at some point when i learn to curb my emotional out bursts, once again apologies to all i upset
Yeah don’t go
We all say stuff, especially on a home brew forum, it’s a recipe for disaster if you think about it.
Today is a new day

Nightmare for Spain
I’m not looking forward to the next month
639A976C-8B75-44DB-99C3-9FCD7B7DE07B.png

In view off what i wrote last night i apologise, i am leaving the forum, i may return at some point when i learn to curb my emotional out bursts, once again apologies to all i upset
Don't leave Rod I never saw the post either but there are some people here who are so single minded and blinkered in their views I am sure some of them want a reaction from some of things that they post and may I say do it deliberately sometimes IMO but try to either not reply or think before you hit that reply button.
We have all said something then thought sh*$ shouldn't have said that. It takes a bigger person to say sorry mate

I am coping very well being at home. I get my 8 hours work done easily and I am very lucky that we have plenty of outdoor space. The weather as been a bonus so the kids have been outside playing all day. I pop out for a kick about and to tend to the chickens. It would be a different story if it was middle of winter. I feel for those with less space.

What I found interesting was that Prince Charles stopped shaking hands at engagements on 12th March, but you could still jet away on holiday for a week after that date. As I found out myself I flew out to Alicante on the 13th finding all the restaurants were closing at midnight, I then recieved an email 14th morning from Ryanair saying you could change flights free of charge (email dated 13th) so sent out a day late for me !!
Luckily I managed to book flights myself straight back home, no help from Ryanair whom I will never use again.
Best wishes with everyone at this time.

After all this is over, I wonder if any companies will be restructuring, staff and company buildings and office space. I think maybe some company bosses will maybe think.."such a body has been off for 2 months and we haven't missed them one bit,what exactly are we paying them for" also with people working from home if it goes smoothly why pay rent rates and maintenance on a premises?

It's the "minority" that is going to undo all our good intentions if we don't stop them, why hoarding? You can only eat and use so much,hopefully the hoarders money/credit will run out soon! I hope National security/Police etc. are giving ALL the powers they need to stop irresponsible people treating it like a holiday, sunbathing in the park where are your brains!

I am not a "Goody-goody" by any means but as a quilting is my hobby fabric I have, fabric by the mile so I have setup a "Mask" making production line ;) My Carer/Cleaner is not being able to visit as she did but she does top up any shopping needs I have, which is mainly Fruit Juice at present because I am teaching her how to make WOW. Maybe too successfully as it was her Birthday yesterday and she got plastered, and I do mean plastered. 🤮

May I suggest that as many as you as possible spread your home brewing quick and successful recipes as far and to as many as you can, along with any spare equipment bits n pieces. Not going to the pub will be really hard for a lot of people so having something to quaff which they have made themselves could really give them a good morale boost, cheers :smallcheers:.

May I suggest that as many as you as possible spread your home brewing quick and successful recipes as far and to as many as you can, along with any spare equipment bits n pieces. Not going to the pub will be really hard for a lot of people so having something to quaff which they have made themselves could really give them a good morale boost, cheers :smallcheers:.
That's the spirit. Well said. Could you tell us how to make masks out of old sheets or pillow cases. I'll dust down the old "Singer" and give the treadle a bit of an oiling.
In spite of my levity, I'm serious. Plenty of masks on Amazon- for delivery end of May!

No need to leave (and i for one hope you don't) emotional outbursts are to be expected in a thread where we are discussing potential loss of family and friends then mix in politics and its always going to be an emotional thread, The posts are long gone and as they were posted later on last night no harm done, keep posting fella. thumb

also with people working from home if it goes smoothly why pay rent rates and maintenance on a premises?

The mentioned this earlier on 5 live they have been broadcasting from their kitchens and spare bedrooms and if you didn't know (because they remind you every 10 minutes) you wouldn't have a clue, why travel into work every day if its not needed, i can see changes coming.

Nice move from Tesco.

Supermarket Tesco has said that online shoppers will have their deliveries capped at 80 items from now on.

In an email to customers it said that the aim was "to increase the number of customers we can safely deliver to".

It is the latest move by supermarkets to safeguard people and supplies during the coronavirus pandemic.

Supermarkets will also use a government database of 1.5 million vulnerable shoppers in England to help prioritise delivery slots.

'Full capacity'

Tesco has already limited all products to a maximum of three per customer, whether they shop online or in stores.

Announcing the latest measure, the retail giant said that online orders already placed were unaffected unless customers make changes to them. Anyone who edits an existing order will become subject to the 80-item limit.

Tesco added: "We're at full capacity for the next few weeks and we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online.

"This will help us to free up more slots for the more vulnerable."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52051498

The world is going to change
1. the NHS will get its money after all this
2. Air travel will be much more expensive and budget holidays will generally be a thing of the past
3. the EU will collapse under the financial burden of Italy, Spain etc
4. Football clubs will also be under massive financial issues and the wages will drop away from the absurd amounts that have been paid
I could go on with my predictions, I am a ancestor of Old Mother Shipton (look her up on Wiki)

I'm an ancestor of Old Mother Riley, but I rely on the efficacy of my homebrew when it comes to visions, mystical experiences, conversations with God and general foresight. I should say that my glimpses of the future are unerringly accurate.

Trouble is I can never remember what I saw , the next morning. aheadbutt
Funnily enough that's when I get my visions late Saturday night/Sunday morning as the Green Fairy speaks to me, the only thing is the bitch never tells me the lottery numbers:beer1::laugh8:
Ps I do have a pet Leprachaun called Seamus

Back