The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regard to food, yesterday's lunchtime desert was a slice of bread, smeared with a bit of olive oil and dusted with sugar.

I used olive oil because we're keeping back the little bit of butter we have left for Ron. i.e. "Later on!"

BTW, Chippy about to start a "Make do Food" section in the Snug? Simple recipes for simple brewers.

With regard to food, yesterday's lunchtime desert was a slice of bread, smeared with a bit of olive oil and dusted with sugar.

I used olive oil because we're keeping back the little bit of butter we have left for Ron. i.e. "Later on!"

BTW, Chippy about to start a "Make do Food" section in the Snug? Simple recipes for simple brewers.

i suppose it wouldn’t make much of a desert but bread olive oil and a little salt is lovely.

We have a foodies forum. Ive put your, 'make do food' thread in it

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/forums/the-foodies-forum.82/

And what kind of meal are you going to make out of Crystal malt, Pilsner Malt and Brewing sugar, can't wait :laugh8:

Nice move from Tesco.

Supermarket Tesco has said that online shoppers will have their deliveries capped at 80 items from now on.

In an email to customers it said that the aim was "to increase the number of customers we can safely deliver to".

It is the latest move by supermarkets to safeguard people and supplies during the coronavirus pandemic.

Supermarkets will also use a government database of 1.5 million vulnerable shoppers in England to help prioritise delivery slots.

'Full capacity'

Tesco has already limited all products to a maximum of three per customer, whether they shop online or in stores.

Announcing the latest measure, the retail giant said that online orders already placed were unaffected unless customers make changes to them. Anyone who edits an existing order will become subject to the 80-item limit.

Tesco added: "We're at full capacity for the next few weeks and we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online.

"This will help us to free up more slots for the more vulnerable."

I saw that 80 items is still quite a bit of stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52051498

Excellent news from Northern Monk. I've been to there brewery and tap a very short tour and 3 x 1/3rds of beer for £10 great value

One shouldn't laugh in such a serious situation, but I'm afraid that the latest utterances from the President of the USA had me shaking my head in wonder!

"President of the United States, Donald Trump raised eyebrows on figures released by China on Novel Coronavirus cases. President Trump while answering a media person on “cases in US surpassing China,” said that he is not sure about numbers released by China. “I think it is a tribute to our testing, and you don’t know what the numbers are in China. I think it is a tribute to testing, we are testing numbers of people. And I am sure you are not able to tell whether China is testing or not. I think that is a little hard,” said President Trump."

A "tribute to our testing"? Over 100,000 confirmed cases and nearly 2,000 people already dead in the USA and the man is still slapping himself on the back and casting doubts on the rest of the world! The man's mad! aheadbutt aheadbutt

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...se-figures-on-covid-19/videoshow/74838744.cms

One shouldn't laugh in such a serious situation, but I'm afraid that the latest utterances from the President of the USA had me shaking my head in wonder!

"President of the United States, Donald Trump raised eyebrows on figures released by China on Novel Coronavirus cases. President Trump while answering a media person on “cases in US surpassing China,” said that he is not sure about numbers released by China. “I think it is a tribute to our testing, and you don’t know what the numbers are in China. I think it is a tribute to testing, we are testing numbers of people. And I am sure you are not able to tell whether China is testing or not. I think that is a little hard,” said President Trump."

A "tribute to our testing"? Over 100,000 confirmed cases and nearly 2,000 people already dead in the USA and the man is still slapping himself on the back and casting doubts on the rest of the world! The man's mad! aheadbutt aheadbutt

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...se-figures-on-covid-19/videoshow/74838744.cms

That man is going to destroy America. Hundreds of thousands infected, thousands dead and millions newly unemployed because of his ego

What is up with these people -

A man accused of spitting at police officers while claiming to have symptoms of coronavirus has been charged with assault.

Paul Leivers was arrested on Thursday in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

Mr Leivers, 48, of Tideswell Court, has been charged with two counts of assaulting an emergency worker, and is due to appear before magistrates.

Police said the general response to social distancing in Nottinghamshire had been "phenomenal".

The government has introduced emergency legislation which means people can be fined for ignoring the measures.

However, police said this would be done only "as a last resort".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-52076031

headline on Daily Telegraph website just now....
UK coronavirus death toll passes 1,000 for the first time

Baron - they should not be offering tours, and you should not have gone there. If you bring the virus back home, hundreds could become infected and some die. Think on....

Baron - they should not be offering tours, and you should not have gone there. If you bring the virus back home, hundreds could become infected and some die. Think on....

I think you have misunderstood I went on the trip last year I am a essential worker and would always keep within government guidelines infact I have self isolated apart from attending work but no offence taken, everybody should be more vociferous to people who are not taking it serious

Latest posts

Back