The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes - I cannot leave home and cannot get a tesco delivery slot - many like me - supermarkets are probably the worst places for spreading the virus....

I think things have moved on a lot in a short period of time, the guys outside the store all had gloves on and many also wore masks, they were gathering trolleys from the shelters and putting them behind a barrier to be sanitised before being put back into the place customers normally collect them from, there wasn't much of a queue outside but standing places were clearly marked, SWMBO said inside they have moved the card reader round the side of the checkout so cashier and customer can maintain the recommended distance so all in all a better experience than last time.

I have never seen so many people wearing light blue gloves (many were also wearing masks) we are used to seeing video of people in China all wearing protective gear strange how quickly you get used to seeing it here.

Back to the serious stuff.

A further 563 patients with coronavirus have died in the UK, taking the total number of deaths in hospitals to 2,352.

The Department of Health said 29,474 people have tested positive for the virus, up 4,324 since Tuesday.

It comes as it was confirmed more than 3,500 NHS frontline staff in England and Wales have been tested for coronavirus since the outbreak began.

Meanwhile, a doctor who came out of retirement to volunteer in a hospital has died after contracting coronavirus.

Dr Alfa Sa'adu, who had been volunteering at Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital in Welwyn, became the fourth frontline medic to die with the virus in the UK.

His son Dani Saadu posted online that his dad had died after "fighting the virus for two weeks".

"The NHS were amazing and did everything they could," he said.

"My dad was a living legend, worked for the NHS for nearly 40 years saving people's lives here and in Africa."

The government has been under pressure to increase the screening of medics, so that those who are self-isolating unnecessarily can return to work.

Hundreds have been screened since the weekend but cabinet minister Michael Gove said a shortage of chemicals needed for the tests meant the NHS - which employs 1.2m in England - could not screen all its staff for the virus.

No 10 said test capacity will increase with an additional network of labs and testing sites.

The PM's official spokesman said the government was "working with NHS England, Public Health England and others to ensure that happens".

The latest increase in the number of people who have died relates to the 24 hours up to 17:00 BST on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52122761

rrrrrrrrrr.jpg

I was in a Tesco express this morni nearly empty, they have now introduced a one way system with the isle divided into 2m segments removes any ambiguity over how far apart to be. Still low on or out of odd things but overall pretty well stocked.

I was in a Tesco express this morni nearly empty, they have now introduced a one way system with the isle divided into 2m segments removes any ambiguity over how far apart to be. Still low on or out of odd things but overall pretty well stocked.

Good news but its a shame they (all supermarkets) didn't do this and also stop panic buying when it first started.

Chippy i didn't look we have a big bottle and just top up smaller one's,

We do that but the big bottle doesn't have much in it now, i drive a truck so cannot really wash my hands every time i would like to so i have always used hand gel it may not be as good as soap and water but it gives me peace of mind and we all need that at the moment.

yes - I cannot leave home and cannot get a tesco delivery slot - many like me - supermarkets are probably the worst places for spreading the virus....
They absolutely are. Everybody has to shop. Sick or well. I went today for the first time in ten days and I couldn't wait to get out again even though everybody was behaving.

They had some hand soap in our Tesco the other day. Like 30 bottles. I don’t like had sanitiser anyway it ruins my hands.
When I’m at work I use it cos they have it lying around everywhere lol but I never buy it.

We keep checking slots but never any available so the one we have book on 4th just keeps getting stuff added to it. It’s a crazy big shop right now lol.

Of course after Pete posted that recipe I’ve obviously done the sensible thing and added a load of fruity tea bags and sugar to the shop as well lol. Also it takes like no time to brew so ideal for replenishing rapidly diminishing stocks.

They had some hand soap in our Tesco the other day. Like 30 bottles. I don’t like had sanitiser anyway it ruins my hands.
When I’m at work I use it cos they have it lying around everywhere lol but I never buy it.

The stuff i have at home has moisturiser in it, my hands are lovely and soft. ;)

I just refill my small bottle of handsanitizer from my managers big bottle on his desk when he's not around :laugh8:

Your boss messaged me earlier to let me know he had registered and said he was going to surprise you later. ashock1

Latest posts

Back