The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I have looked at the stats the claim is that the deaths are a few days behind as hospitals sometimes take 2 days to register. Nothing new there.

Because of the lag I don't think they have seen the danger yet. We did the same thing in the UK until the numbers started climbing. The US is also in this phase of trying to convince their public that this is serious, as I think they are still using public transport and keeping business as usual as if it will just go away.

Regarding the woeful action from the WHO, I remember them publishing that overpopulation was their biggest threat, so why would they want to stop a pandemic? It is almost like Willy Wonka telling people to stop in a very quiet apathetic voice.

I think I may have a mild form of covid 19. I had a sore throat for 2 or 3 days, the cough came on yesterday and I had a fever for just one day, strangely. I also ache all over and have a persistant headache. I took paracetamol over night and had a coldish shower this morning. My breathing is not bad when resting (I don't feel at all like exercising), the coughing is the worst, I have to force myself to stop or I will be sick.
I have no idea where I've picked it up. I stopped working last friday and haven't left the house since. SWMBO hasn't any symptoms as yet and she's been doing all the shopping.

Have you got a temperature above 37.8C ?

I believe Norway closed everything weeks ago before all other European countries, relocated nurses doctors into a coronavirus specifically setup units. I’ve a freind over there.
but to hear this today !!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11330...atherine-calderwood-chief-medic-covid-19/amp/
You've got to love the excuse for her given by an SNP spokesperson.
“She took the opportunity this weekend to check on a family home in Fife as she knows she will not be back again until the crisis is over.
What were they all doing there then? Checking a room each?

The idiots wont be happy until they have total lock down, Myqul posted yesterday that the parks where he lives were full and now this.

1586083783630.png

1586083894562.png

Exercise outside the home could be banned if people ignore the lockdown rules on staying at home and social distancing, the health secretary said.

Matt Hancock told the BBC's Andrew Marr that the government would "take action" if further measures are needed to bring the coronavirus under control.

It comes after reports of groups of people gathering in parks during sunny weather this weekend.

The latest death toll in the UK reached 4,313 on Saturday.

Mr Hancock said: "If you don't want us to have to take the step to ban exercise of all forms outside of your own home, then you've got to follow the rules."

The health secretary said the vast majority were sticking to the guidelines, adding: "Let's not have a minority spoil it for everybody."

He said the timing of restrictions being lifted would depend on how people behave, adding that "the more people stay at home the less the virus will spread".

Speaking to Sky's Sophy Ridge earlier, Mr Hancock said sunbathing in public spaces was against the government's coronavirus social distancing rules.

Full article - Exercise out of the home could be banned - Hancock

1586083701165.png

I think I may have a mild form of covid 19. I had a sore throat for 2 or 3 days, the cough came on yesterday and I had a fever for just one day, strangely. I also ache all over and have a persistant headache. I took paracetamol over night and had a coldish shower this morning. My breathing is not bad when resting (I don't feel at all like exercising), the coughing is the worst, I have to force myself to stop or I will be sick.
I have no idea where I've picked it up. I stopped working last friday and haven't left the house since. SWMBO hasn't any symptoms as yet and she's been doing all the shopping.
Hope you're feeling better soon. The test of how serious it is, is whether or not you can face a beer.

Only one of those photos shows people not complying if that group of three are one family.

Only one of those photos shows people not complying if that group of three are one family.

Its not about distancing you are not supposed to go out unless its for the reasons below, sunbathing and hanging about by a river do not count (there is no grey area)

• shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
  • one form of exercise a day - (a run, walk, or cycle) - alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling to and from work, but only where absolutely necessary and this cannot be done from home
If you are a key worker, you will also be allowed to drive your child to school in addition to commuting.

Back