The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou for that.
And if the virus mutates, as well it might do (although my understanding is that it has not yet done so) that is an entirely different situation for the authorities and how the world responds, since the mutation may have a different set of infection patterns.
Well mutate is what it does, it has been around for years even possible that each of has been infected before, now it has mutated to COVID19 which has caused all the concern, SARS and MARS were also a corona virus all coming from bats.

Lads I'm in Sth east Ireland and a man was taken out from a residential property by ambulance in full body protection gear also ambulance men fully covered its here and everyone needs to be aware to stay close to home and family im not one for conspiracy theories or anything like that but I really think we need to sit this one out stay home and stay safe if possible

30 per cent of Americans are boycotting Corona beer because of the virus!

There’s no way I can see that this will stop spreading. It’s already too late. Unless all world travel had been stopped some weeks/months ago, it was always going to work its way around the world.

That said, it’s important to keep it in perspective. More people will die of flu than from this virus and the majority of those that catch it, will survive.

Hopefully, a vaccine is not too far away, but meantime, I think we’re all going to have to change our travel habits. I was in Vienna earlier in the week, but I’m now holding off on further trips because I think it’s the responsible thing to do.

I always thought that sitting in an enclosed doctors waiting area with 30 other people is the worst way to deal with infectious diseases.
I had suggested they stock all pharmacies with swab kits you can post off but was met with a blank stare. It wouldn't be hard to come up with self test kits that you put on gloves and disinfect the container as you go, and put it in the post box. Then stay indoors till you get a letter which may include a prescription.
No face to face or personal contact at all.

A worrying fact has emerged that the number of confirmed cases in Italy are increasing slowly, but that they are reducing the criteria for testing to only those that have been in contact with confirmed cases. I think the officials are worried that they are reporting a higher number of those under quarantine than other countries and therefore are looking bad.
Another report is similar from USA is that they will not test you unless you have been to a country at risk or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
As transmission rates far exceed detection rates there is no way this mentality will help in preventing it, and they will be continually saying- who have you had contact with in the last 20 days?

One case in a community should be enough to isolate it and question/ test all inhabitants. In days of old they would close the city gates.

Here in Norway they sent one of the two confirmed cases to be home quarantined. I found this really upsetting. Yes you are a carrier, of course we trust you to stay at home and to not have contact with others. We will have the doctor call you once a day. This country.... Also today one of the women who works in my boys kindergarten said that she's takin a two week trip to Tenerife. To live at a resort. Chances are she'll be fine. But she works in a kindergarten with small children. Is that OK? Everybody should just stay at home. Don't travel for fun until this **** is over. I can't believe the ignorance of some people. The virus is real. It's highly contagious and if you are not careful you will get infected. Wash your hands. Stay clear of places with a lot of people. I mean. Is that so hard? I guess so.

There’s no way I can see that this will stop spreading. It’s already too late. Unless all world travel had been stopped some weeks/months ago, it was always going to work its way around the world.

They cannot stop it spreading but it's how they deal with it reports this morning are saying new cases in China have slowed.

Lads I'm in Sth east Ireland and a man was taken out from a residential property by ambulance in full body protection gear also ambulance men fully covered its here and everyone needs to be aware to stay close to home and family im not one for conspiracy theories or anything like that but I really think we need to sit this one out stay home and stay safe if possible
Agree entirely, but what about those who don't want to sit at at home unless they are getting paid?

I always thought that sitting in an enclosed doctors waiting area with 30 other people is the worst way to deal with infectious diseases.
I had suggested they stock all pharmacies with swab kits you can post off but was met with a blank stare. It wouldn't be hard to come up with self test kits that you put on gloves and disinfect the container as you go, and put it in the post box. Then stay indoors till you get a letter which may include a prescription.
No face to face or personal contact at all.

You'd never get the royal mails union agreeing to sort millions of potentially infected self test kits. :laugh8:

KyXv8U5.png

Twelve more patients in England have tested positive for coronavirus, taking the total number of UK cases to 35.

Three patients were close contacts of a known case which was transmitted in the UK, chief medical officer Prof Chris Whitty said.

One person from Essex had "no relevant travel" and it was unclear how they had contracted the virus.

Out of the remaining eight cases, six had recently returned from Italy and two had been to Iran.

Prof Whitty said these patients were from London, West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Hertfordshire and Gloucestershire.

Bury Council confirmed that the Greater Manchester case was one of its residents, who had become infected in Italy.

Read more - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51697991

Last edited:
I reading something earlier by some doctor and a lot of it made sense. One thing that said was in temperatures excess of 26c the virus can't survive. The British are stuffed if true

Its getting serious the 1st pub the prince of wales in Haslemere Surrey has closed due to coronavirus also Waitrose in Edenbridge I noticed has sold out of paracetamol and is very low on aspirin and ibuprofen. On a more serious note I suggest everyone stocks up a bit in the next few days as I suspect as cases grow some will start panic buying which will lead to others following and clearing the shelves of all sorts and if the media starts to suggest it then who knows.

The first word of common sense I've heard on the matter. :hat:

Back