The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went into a local supermarket on Tuesday to get some fruit, some milk and some other bits. My wife asked me if i was passing a shop this week to pick up some calpol as our oldest had been a bit off color earlier in the week and we had nearly used up what we had.

All i can say is OMG! The shelves had been stripped bear. And not what you would expect. Here is the list of what i could see had gone, including every variant and manufacturer of said drug, some of which were random to say the least.

Calpol
kids Nurophen
Paracetamol
Ibuprofen
Cold & Flu Tablets
Hayfever tablets?????
Antihistamines?????
All cough syrup
Nytol??

And rather oddly toilet roll..................... all of it........ gone!!!

wtf is going on??

I dont think we are going to be in a dystopian type mad max society living on toilet roll and hayfever tablets as currency are we?
You shoul d see the shelves in the supermarkets here, no flour, pasta, rice and toilet rolls along with serviettes and tissues. Toilet rolls are now being rationed. Not looked at much else but I think panadol and toothpaste has taken a hit as well. It's as if each supermarket is being hit by doomsday preppers.
Just goes to show how panic spreads, it's something I have never seen before.

IuWhwup.jpg

I went into a local supermarket on Tuesday to get some fruit, some milk and some other bits. My wife asked me if i was passing a shop this week to pick up some calpol as our oldest had been a bit off color earlier in the week and we had nearly used up what we had.

All i can say is OMG! The shelves had been stripped bear. And not what you would expect. Here is the list of what i could see had gone, including every variant and manufacturer of said drug, some of which were random to say the least.

Calpol
kids Nurophen
Paracetamol
Ibuprofen
Cold & Flu Tablets
Hayfever tablets?????
Antihistamines?????
All cough syrup
Nytol??

wtf is going on??

I dont think we are going to be in a dystopian type mad max society living on toilet roll and hayfever tablets as currency are we?

A woman in work was stocking up today but her local supermarket was sold out of paracetamol so bought flu plus instead asad.
I pointed out that home bargains etc are well stocked. I think paracetamol etc is made in China so getting more stocks may take a while.

I watched a you tube video of a conspiracy theorist the other day. It was hilarious. This “fake virus hoax” has been created to take down the countries banks and to force a cashless society that’s controlled by one central world bank that’s controlled by the “worlds elite”

this is also part of the “final plan” to control everyone by having a police controlled state where no one is allowed freedom of movement through the FEAR of the fake virus.

seriously I nearly wet my pants laughing.

even more so when one of his followers chirped in with the crowning glory that smoking doesn’t actually kill you. It’s a ploy by the controlled pharma companies to trick people into buying mind controlling drugs. And people that do die, don’t really. They are taken away by the hidden government because they have worked out what’s going on.

I suggested via a comment that surely she shouldn’t be here should she? No answer as yet......

There seems to be an awful lot of people coming back from Italy with this disease. I wonder what the odds are of someone going there for a week's holiday, coming into contact with some (presumably low) number of Italians and having the bad luck for one of them to be infected? What does that say about the number of Italians that are carrying it? Or maybe there's just one guy at passport control passing it on to everyone whos passport he touches!

I also read that the vegans are piping up saying if everyone was vegan then we wouldn't have caught it via eating animals. Just hope the bats don't **** on their carrots.

If the virus takes 14 days to show itself enough for those to want to get medical help and be counted as a statistic, then the number of actual cases are 14 days late. Saying there are only 6 cases in Scotland means there are likely to be 80 infected and just waiting the 14 days, but spreading it to others.
From the graph from China it quickly gets out of control
EPfQey3XkAAEU0_

Cases have doubled in Ireland.
First community case reported (the person had not travelled from an infected country like previous cases).

One of my colleagues, her son has Cystic Fibrosis and is quite worried for him.

There's serious talk here of cancellation of Patrick's Day parades.

I wouldn't be worried about myself, but I have a sick mother, a wife with asthma and I have a 6 month daughter at home.

After I came out of retirement I took a part time job in a well known supermarket and this week I have noticed the buying trends change, I would not say full blown panic buying has started as yet but every morning the basics are empty and need filling up and certain items are virtually unavailable such as hand cleansing gel and ant-bac handwash the sort you have at the side of the sink and pump. The BBC have put a small headline saying the government says supermarkets will not run out of food - that's just like the dreaded vote of confidence football managers get before they are sacked so that will alert people that it may happen, let the stockpiling begin. How is it in your area? I am in West Yorkshire

Bad around me, my wife is a panic merchant, panics before things happen, but even she isn't panicking about this, she is angry. Look at the graph chippy tea put up in the corona virus thread the percentage of deaths is a poofteenth of bugger all, I have more chance of dying of a snake or spider bite.

I have merged the panick buying thread with this one as it has already been discussed in this thread. thumb

I can understand now why some people are just bit on edge. Me, my wife, nearest friends - nothing to worry about. But I know lots of people at work who says, they have elderly and fragile relatives, people after chemo, diabetics and so on.
I live in the area where there are lots of care homes for old people - Sussex coast - looking at the mortality rate - it is understood why they are afraid.

Latest posts

Back