The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll be alright, I've just installed this in our bathroom:
WIm9nhV.png
Amazing

I have just been reading they are advising the elderly and those with underlying health problems to stay indoors, all well and good if you live on your own there are 4 of us so even if my good lady and self took this advise we would still be at some risk, my personel view is they have no clue how to contain it and its damage limitation time, looking at it logically there is not much anyone can do apart from frequent hand washing, all is not lost though I have a good stock of ale so when they shut the pubs and the panic buyers clear the shelfs its barby time we have a big freezer full of frozen assorted meats and game and seafood athumb..:beer1:

Whole of italy now locked down, not just the north. Totally unprecedented during peactime.

Spain will have to follow suit I imagine rather soon.

I wonder if Covid will destroy Trump or at least his re-election chances. He seems totally incapable of grasping the issue. They are late into this as they are for world wars but their cases are increasing rapidly. 27 million Americans have no health insurance and no workers get sick pay so some can't afford to see a doctor and many can't afford to self isolate. Yikes.

I think it will hit the cities hardest. Those in the sticks will have less contacts but may run out of supplies.
I suppose Asda "click and collect" could be an option, and go shopping at ungodly hours.

There's reports that 1.9million people could be infected in Ireland (almost half the population).

Cases are expected to peak in June/July.

There's reports that 1.9million people could be infected in Ireland (almost half the population).

Cases are expected to peak in June/July.

Is that an estimate? The Scottish chief medical officer said on the radio last week that the government estimate that 50-80% of the population will get it. 4% will need hospitalisation and 1% will die. That is best estimate 350,000 deaths. The problem will be when you get coronavirus victims clogging up intensive care, other people will still get sick and we just don't have enough ITU beds or staff.

...... my personel view is they have no clue how to contain it and its damage limitation time, looking at it logically there is not much anyone can do apart from frequent hand washing, ........

Agree entirely!

The other bit I argue with is the Political definition of "elderly"! I quote my own Mum on this one when she said ...

"If that Doctor tells me it's all down to 'Old Age' again, I'll kill him!" As she was over 90 at the time I thought he may have had a point, but as she survived another eight years maybe, just like today's Politicians, he was being a bit premature!

I sure as hell hope that I still have the same number of cousins, schoolmates, friends etc that I had at the beginning of the year; as a group, we have a long history of surviving!

Here's hoping! :beer1:

Whenever we go over to France we always buy bottles of Eau de Cologne to use as a deodorant.

It's up to 70% alcohol and makes one of the cheapest forms of hand-sanitiser ever!

Needless to say, in the UK the Government is frightened that the local populace will drink it! As a result, there is a weakened version available from Boots the Chemist.

Enjoy!

A doctor here has been stood down, returned from America with what he thought was a mild cold. Has been treating patients, and patients at a elderly nursing home.
Now my thought is, if a doctor thought he just had a mild cold, there could be millions walking around thinking the same thing. Food for thought.

Last edited:
The hysteria over this is starting to make the wife and me think that our trip to Scotland at the end of April is in jeopardy. We’re certainly smart enough to not travel if we’re feeling ill, but we’re also not afraid of making the trip based on what we currently know. But if more countries start closing borders, and airlines and events start to cancel, the trip could crumble through no action of our own.

Keeping the good thought unless and until that happens.

Whenever we go over to France we always buy bottles of Eau de Cologne to use as a deodorant.

It's up to 70% alcohol and makes one of the cheapest forms of hand-sanitiser ever!

Needless to say, in the UK the Government is frightened that the local populace will drink it! As a result, there is a weakened version available from Boots the Chemist.

Enjoy!
Quite so, and you could use it instead of pastis to improve your glass of Harp lager. Similarly, while we still have plenty of bum fodder, if rolls were to run out, what's wrong with boxes of kleenex? Same stuff isn't it!

Back