The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_2020-03-18-22-33-13-1.png

My locals now started a drive through!

My corner shop was closed today, no lights, doors shut , no sign of life. I don't think he just pop out to the loo. Hope he is not isolating and that he is fine.

The point on life keep going as normal, life is not going to be normal. But lots of people really don't care and keep going to the pubs, restaurants etc.
This virus spread even if you don't show symptoms. You can pass it to your elderly parents, just by touching same things.
Sorry to be doom and gloom but we all should do our own bit and try not to spread it.

I wash in turps or white spirit anyway. :hat:

Last edited:
This is good for hand washing with soap but it only flushes them away.
Soap kills corona if it's in contact with it for 20 seconds, it doesn't just flush it away. It's really important people realise that so they're more likely to wash.

Not sure anyone's ever described Hedge fund managers, bankers or traders (presuming stock exchange?) as 'key workers'. They've always been acknowledged as Nurses, doctors, teachers, police etc. So it's a bit of a straw man.

I'd add Bin men to the list. Have mucho respect for them and hope they keep the service going or we're all *******

You can add people like me to the List. I work for a Dispatch company and if there wasn’t more and 499 other people like me your toilet roll you’d been sneaky and ordered or other items wouldn’t get to you athumb..

The point on life keep going as normal, life is not going to be normal. But lots of people really don't care and keep going to the pubs, restaurants etc.

They were saying the tube in London was as packed as normal aheadbutt

I think teachers can be scrubbed off that list now schools are shut, I think farmers will take their place soon.

Kids with special needs and those of parents who have to go to work (key workers) will need to be looked after by someone i assume teachers will still do that.

I'd add Bin men to the list. Have mucho respect for them and hope they keep the service going or we're all *******

The problem is a lot of bin and recycling wagons are multi crewed so if one goes down with this i assume the other crew members would have to take time off, i doubt all drivers and loaders know all routes so there could soon be problems with collections.

Kids with special needs and those of parents who have to go to work (key workers) will need to be looked after by someone i assume teachers will still do that.
Yes but that's 1 or 2 classes a school, distance learning for the few who need to log on mainly last year and university students, my eldest is at Manchester uni, student nurse and they have on line tutorials but it's not the same she said, well at least they are trying, this is new to everyone. I'll add corner shops and petrol garages. Apparently tanks have been spotted today.

Last edited:
I think the tanks will isolate London first then other major cities to follow Manchester etc soon after. I think cities with major airports will be the epicentres of this.

Last edited:
Then the waves of bombers, supporting the fighter squadrens, I suppose after that it's a case of ground troops to mop up.

Latest posts

Back