The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see what the 5.00pm update brings, it looks to me as if certain people think because they feel ok it does not apply to them. I have just in the last 1/2 hour watched my neighbour get her 2 lads and a baby under 1 year old into her car and go out?
If its for shopping which is the only essential trip in real terms thats 4 people going around the supermarket and kids being deemed as well known carriers of most illnesses do you think they are going to stay 2 metres away from other people? I think not

it looks to me as if certain people think because they feel ok it does not apply to them.

These people will be the first to moan when they lock everything down aheadbutt

1584978541446.png

London Underground passengers have been crowding on to Tube trains, despite warnings to limit non-essential travel.

Images from Monday's rush hour show busy carriages, which unions say left staff feeling "furious" as it rendered social distancing "impossible".

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has urged workers to stay at home and said public transport should only be used by key workers, otherwise "people will die".

Some passengers have said a reduced service means trains are busier.

Aslef union's district organiser Finn Brennan tweeted: "Still heavy loading on some Tube lines this morning making social distancing impossible.

"This is endangering the health of the vital workers who have to use the system."

He called on the government to act, adding: "I'm being sent pictures of crush loaded platforms at some Jubilee line platforms this morning.

"Drivers and other frontline staff are furious."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52003076

The problem is you have a lot of employers not doing the sensible thing of letting employees switch to home working if at all possible.

When i see things like that It makes me glad i live in a quiet boring market town at the back end of nowhere.

I can see riots before the end of the week no maccys, pizza express, Costa Coffee and starbucks, where are yoof going to eat and drink.

• McDonald's: After initially staying open for takeaway orders and drive-thrus, McDonald's announced on March 23 that it would close all 1,350 UK restaurants.
    • Costa Coffee: Costa said it'll be closing up all UK shops on March 23 - although it'll "do its best" to keep cafes in hospitals open for NHS staff.
    • Debenhams: Debenhams is shutting all 140 UK stores until further notice, as of March 23.

• Nando's: The chicken chain said it was closing doors to its 340 UK restaurants on March 23.

• Oxfam: Oxfam announced all 600 of its charity shops in the UK will be shut until further notice on March 21.

• O2: The phone provider is closing all its 450 high street UK stores as of March 23.

• Pizza Express: Pizza Express announced it's closing all UK restaurants for takeaway and delivery due to coronavirus, as of March 23.

• Starbucks: Starbucks said it was temporarily shutting all UK branches on March 21.
    • Subway: Subway become the latest fast food chain to close doors in the UK on March 23.

• Subway: Subway become the latest fast food chain to close doors in the UK on March 23.

• Pret A Manger: The coffee chain announced all UK stores would close temporarily on March 21.
And more What shops and food chains are closed due to coronavirus?

The government says it is prepared to take "more action" if people do not follow its advice to limit the spread of coronavirus.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told the BBC that some people's behaviour was "very selfish", after crowds were pictured in parks and other places at the weekend.

What should I be doing?
Everybody in the UK has been asked to stop non-essential contact and stay at home wherever possible.

If people have to go outside - to buy food for example - they must stay more than 2m (6.5ft) apart from others.

Cafes, pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, theatres, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres have been told to close, to keep people apart. The move is part of social distancing measures to minimise non-essential contact.

People with flu-like symptoms - such as a dry cough and high temperature - are being asked to self-isolate at home to avoid infecting others.

And the NHS is contacting about 1.5 million people with serious health conditions to urge them not to go out for at least 12 weeks. This is known as shielding.

Why is social distancing necessary?
Social distancing is important because coronavirus spreads when an infected person coughs small droplets - packed with the virus - into the air. These can be breathed in, or can cause an infection if you touch a surface they have landed on, and then touch your face with unwashed hands.

The less time people spend together, the less chance there is of this happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

Amazingly enough, the Government now say that the people dead in the UK Is up to 335!

The earlier 289 figure just added the 4 in Wales and 4 in Scotland to the 281 put out on Sunday morning!

PS

We are just behind Italy? They've just had another 602 fatalities added to the total, so I hope not!

I'm hoping the announcement at 8.30 will include the forced closing of the caravan parks. We have people travelling from cities to their caravans and mincing about the village like it's all a bit of a jolly, despite the police, PCC, NHS staff, local council AND the government asking them to stay at home. Funnily enough, this all started this weekend after the schools were shut and, suprise surprise, they appear to have brought their panic shopping habits with them and have cleared out a number of local stores that were doing ok keeping us provided with food. The site closures can't come quickly enough for me.

Today I was silently taunted by Waitrose as they dangled a single dented rhubarb tin in front of me.
How is a man supposed to make tinned apocalypse rhubarb wine with one tin of rhubarb?!

Gotta have something to do when lockdown hits.

No daily update but Boris will speak to the nation at 8:30 p.m i think we can guess what is coming next.

Telegraph -

Boris Johnson will address the nation at 8.30pm and announce a new, stricter lockdown policy for the UK, the Telegraph understands.

Mr Johnson will chair a meeting of the Government's emergency Cobra committee at 5pm today, then update the country on the latest social distancing measures Downing Street will impose.

The address will likely include the closure of all shops except supermarkets, food stores and pharmacies.

The new measures come as the NHS announced 46 more people have died from Covid-19 in England in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of UK deaths to 335.

Follow the updates below.

I can see riots before the end of the week .....

I agree about the riots, but the only time I've entered any of these establishments is:
  • McDonalds in France back about 2014 'cos coffee was only €1.
  • Costa Coffee last year 'cos my cousin was thirsty, paid for it and still moans about how much it cost! :laugh8:
  • Starbucks so long ago it must have been about 2008. All I remember was thinking "How much?"
  • Subway in Los Angeles in 2009; we were starving and on the way back to our hotel.
The lads will definitely have to riot without me! :beer1:

Back