The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am proud to say i have never been inside a Costa Coffee or star Bucks, if i need a brew when out i will go into a local cafe and order a cup of coffee without all the silly options.

I am proud to say i have never been inside a Costa Coffee or star Bucks, if i need a brew when out i will go into a local cafe and order a cup of coffee without all the silly options.
Lol you can still order a cup of normal coffee from those places. If you say you want a cup of filter coffee with milk they’re usually quite understanding. And their coffee (in both places) is quite agreeable I find.

Lol you can still order a cup of normal coffee from those places. If you say you want a cup of filter coffee with milk they’re usually quite understanding. And their coffee (in both places) is quite agreeable I find.

Thanks but i will never drink in one, i hate these places they move into small towns like ours and the sheeple use them which hits local cafe owners :mad:

Well I've been panic buying ready for when I become none essential staff and they finally let me go home to be a brew hermit. Next brew codename Green_Lilypad

Attachments

• box of bits.jpeg
    box of bits.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 64
  • more bits.jpeg
    more bits.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 58
  • pale otter.jpeg
    pale otter.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
  • hops.jpeg
    hops.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 56
Someone said they should never have said the younger generation would only have mild symptoms and its the olds that will die, if they had read this it may have scared them into keeping apart.
This isn't the first time i have read many have lost their sense of smell and taste which wasn't mentioned as a symptom when this first became widespread.

A young man who was “fit and healthy” is urging people to isolate after he nearly died with coronavirus.

Ryan Van Waterschoot, 28, who thought he “was never coming home”, took to social media asking others “not to be selfish”.

After 10 days in Peterborough City Hospital he is now recovering at home.

“If not for the nurses risking their lives... I wouldn’t be here... Please stay at home and don’t put them under more pressure,” he said.

Mr Van Waterschoot, an account manager for a car rental firm, initially thought he had a cold after losing his sense of taste and smell on 6 March.

His symptoms began before government advice on social distancing, and he thought he was unlikely to be at risk because he had not been abroad in several years.

However, his condition worsened over the next six days with a serious cough and fever. Doctors found he had pneumonia and sepsis, related to the coronavirus infection.

He said: “I felt awful, I felt like my body was completely shutting down.”

“I’ve always been fit and healthy, that’s the biggest shock about it. It went from 0-100 so fast.”

“When I tested positive it was horrendous. You’re on your own, you just think you’re going to die... It was the scariest moment of my life.”

Mr Van Waterschoot, of Peterborough, who is married to Ashleigh, was the first of two confirmed cases in the city so far.

He said he owed his life to the NHS staff who “risked their lives to save mine”.

“They were literally the only people I saw and they kept me positive... It takes incredible guts and courage to go into a room with someone with coronavirus,” he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-52010927

So we are now only allowed to Shop for basic necessities, take one form exercise session per day, to provide care or help a vulnerable person or travelling to and from work when you cannot work from home, all shops selling non essential goods are to close, libraries, electrical goods shops etc, weddings, christenings all banned and all gatherings of two or more people in the street will be dispersed the police will be able to fine people ignoring this.

Last edited:
Thought this was coming although I admit I thought it would be a few days down the line.

The selfish part of me hopes my home brew order will still arrive on Wednesday (even if the responsible part of me knows that it’s not the end, of the world if it doesn’t).

Wll any members here be able to work from home or are you like me going to have to get used to being pulled by the police. (my shift starts early in the morning)

I am going in tomorrow to collect my laptop but thankfully once I have it my job can be done with a little adjustment entirely from home.

Will this mean they finally bring better measures for self employed?

Gary Linekar has lost his smell and taste. I know someone who lost their smell and taste several weeks ago and it hasn't come back.

Wll any members here be able to work from home or are you like me going to have to get used to being pulled by the police. (my shift starts early in the morning)
Yip, I work from home. If I'm not at home, I’m generally on a plane. But that stopped for us mid Feb.

It’s going to be extremely weird for me while my job is one that could be done from home my employer has historically being really anti home working. Plus to be honest working in a city centre is rather pleasant, so preparing for 3 weeks + without visiting the office in person is going to be odd. Am just setting up the spare room as an office.

Latest posts

Back