The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday -

111111111111.jpg

Today.

222222222.jpg
probably figures not been publish for today yet?

1585072424913.png

Coronavirus: ExCeL Centre planned as NHS field hospital

The NHS will treat coronavirus patients in a makeshift field hospital in the ExCeL Centre in East London.

The exhibition space, which has been used in the past for Crufts and Comic Con, will hold up to 4,000 patients.

Dubbed the NHS Nightingale Centre, the temporary base will be staffed by NHS medics with the help of the military.

The Ministry of Defence said a team of military planners had visited the centre along with NHS England staff at the weekend.

A spokesperson said they hoped to "determine if the armed forces could support the NHS response to the outbreak", by using their expertise in planning and logistics.

The staff may include students and retired nurses and doctors returning to the workforce.

In response to the UK's call for retired medics to return to the NHS, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said more than 11,500 have come forward, including 2,660 doctors and 6,147 nurses.

More than 18,000 medical students will also join the NHS workforce.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace told the BBC the military was also seeking out other possible locations for to treat patients who cannot be accommodated in normal NHS facilities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52018477

What a totally shocking picture that Tube train was,Chippy.
Exactly how I remember it from when I lived there.
NO difference whatsoever.!!!!!!!!!

According to the BBC News, President Trump has promised the world that America will be "open for business" by the 12th April 2020! i.e. 19 days time.

At this time there will be no reason for America to close any businesses.

Please see the new Poll in the Snug! It's your chance to vote for President Trump! athumb..

A lot of talk about fines etc but have they actually published the legislation for all of this? Haven't seen anything yet...

When are people allowed to leave their homes?
Mr Johnson said everybody should stay at home and would only be allowed to leave for specific reasons:

• Shopping for "basic necessities", as infrequently as possible. People should use delivery services, where they can
  • Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary"
People should not meet friends or family members who do not live with them.

What other new measures are there?
The prime minister said:

• Shops selling "non-essential goods" including clothes and electronics stores will be closed immediately
  • Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship will also close
  • Gatherings of more than two people (excluding people who live together) will be banned
  • There will be no weddings or baptisms but funerals will be allowed
  • Parks will remain open but people are only to go out to exercise once a day
All of the new measures will last for three weeks from 23 March before being reviewed.

More than 20 people stood "shoulder to shoulder" for a barbecue despite the introduction of new measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus, police said.

Foleshill police, based in Coventry, tweeted a picture of the remains of the barbecue on Tuesday afternoon, describing it as "unbelievable'.

The crowd refused to disperse even when reminded about the need for social distancing, police said.

Officers had to tip the barbecue over to put an end to the gathering.

The barbecue had been sniffed out by officers on patrol who were shocked to find a toddler and older people "freely mingling and standing shoulder to shoulder round a buffet", West Midlands Police said.

The crowd insisted they should be allowed to continue, despite being reminded of the need for social distancing and only dispersed when the barbecue was pushed over, the force said.

Strict measures, announced on Monday, ban public gatherings of more than two people and people have been urged to stay indoors.

Comments on social media suggested those at the "shocking" BBQ should be fined.

BBC News

1585079852233.png

Just back from my one exercise for the day. I walked for an hour around the villages and it was like a ghost town. So quiet and peaceful though - you’d be forgiven for thinking that all was good with the world. First full day of lock down for me tomorrow, which I’m actually quite looking forward to. I doubt very much that feeling will last beyond about 2 days though.

Just back from my one exercise for the day. I walked for an hour around the villages and it was like a ghost town. So quiet and peaceful though - you’d be forgiven for thinking that all was good with the world. First full day of lock down for me tomorrow, which I’m actually quite looking forward to. I doubt very much that feeling will last beyond about 2 days though.

Same here the roads were very quiet all day.

Surreal when I went for my walk while clearly their are people flouting the lockdown most people at the moment are keeping to it.

Last edited:
The good lady and I went for a walk with the youngest around the village as our daily one allowed exercise. Couldn't convince the teenager to come. There were a few out walking, but everyone kept to proper social distancing rules when passing. Lots of rainbows in the windows of houses (including ours) to brighten things up for the kiddies. I live in a quiet village anyway, but it was much quieter than normal. The caravan sites will be closed by tomorrow evening so hopefully then we can hunker down and ride it out.

We’ve had to go to work still. Our company won’t close until it is forced to by the government unfortunately.
Mind you with the amount of staff that have gone into self isolation there won’t be much point keeping it open soon.

This is one where I would be delighted to be proved wrong but realistically I think the world has some long months ahead, and that the end is far from in sight.

This is one where I would be delighted to be proved wrong but realistically I think the world has some long months ahead, and that the end is far from in sight.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out in Italy.

Latest posts

Back