The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRINCE CHARLES TESTS POSITIVE
Didn't want to start a new thread on this 'cos I can see where it would go.
BUT
How come Charlie Boy can get tested when our front-line NHS professionals can't even get a mask, let alone a test?
Not excatly a "key worker" is he?aheadbutt
We all know what his future holds. One day he will be the Queen's son, then the next, he will be the King's dad.

BUT
How come Charlie Boy can get tested when our front-line NHS professionals can't even get a mask, let alone a test?

Joking aside i was not happy when i heard he had the test its not like he is living in a two up two down with one bathroom so cannot keep away from the rest of the family.

Latest stats -

dddd.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/13tgYzwT/dddd.jpg

1585143860589.png

Motorists worried about getting an MOT because of the coronavirus crisis, have been handed a six-month reprieve.

The government has granted car owners a six-month exemption from MOT testing.

However, it won't come in until Monday 30 March which means vehicles due an MOT before then must still take it.

The exemption "will enable vital services such as deliveries to continue, frontline workers to get to work, and people get essential food and medicine," the government said.

The exemption will apply to cars, motorcycles and vans, but the government warned that vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition.

Garages will remain open for essential repair work while drivers will face prosecution if they're caught driving unsafe vehicles.

"We must ensure those on the frontline of helping the nation combat COVID19 are able to do so," said Transport Secretary Grant Shapps.

"Safety is key, which is why garages will remain open for essential repair work."

Read in full Drivers to get six-month emergency MOT extension

BUT

Pay for a test?

Some good news -

Coronavirus: Off-licences added to list of 'essential' retailers

Off-licences have been added to the government's list of essential UK retailers allowed to stay open during the coronavirus pandemic.

The list was updated on Wednesday amid increasing reports of supermarkets are selling out some beers and wines.

Read in full Off-licences added to list of 'essential' shops

Essential retailers

After strict new restrictions were brought in by government earlier this week, it issued a list of “essential retailers”, such as Halfords, that are allowed to stay open. They include:

• Supermarkets and other food shops
  • Pharmacies
  • Off-licences and licensed shops selling alcohol, including those within breweries
  • Petrol stations
  • Newsagents
  • Bicycle shops
  • Home and hardware stores
  • Launderettes and dry cleaners
  • Garages
  • Pet shops
  • Post offices
  • Banks

Covid-19 positive -

London 2,925

West Midlands 434

Greater Manchester 282

Hampshire 207

South Yorkshire 174

Hertfordshire 139

Derbyshire 138

Cumbria 129

Nottinghamshire 127

Surrey 110

Pay for a test?
I got an email yesterday from a private GP I once used for a 1 off travel appointment (Couldn't get an NHS one without having to travel miles) they offer a COVID 19 test for £395. The relevant part read
"Coronavirus testing- This is done in combination with a home visit by myself with protective clothing. A swab is taken and sent to the laboratory, taking 5 days currently for a result- £395. Due to high demand and limited laboratory capacity, please enquire at your soonest convenience. Thank you. NB I would like to reassure you that the above fee includes our home visit fee with the cost of the swab added without additional margin."
So there are tests there for those who want to pay.

I got an email yesterday from a private GP I once used for a 1 off travel appointment (Couldn't get an NHS one without having to travel miles) they offer a COVID 19 test for £395. The relevant part read
"Coronavirus testing- This is done in combination with a home visit by myself with protective clothing. A swab is taken and sent to the laboratory, taking 5 days currently for a result- £395. Due to high demand and limited laboratory capacity, please enquire at your soonest convenience. Thank you. NB I would like to reassure you that the above fee includes our home visit fee with the cost of the swab added without additional margin."

Everyone is trying to cash in.

Disgusting behaviour NHS staff are going to work worried they might catch it when if tested they would know they were immune.

Some slightly better news - the lockdown should mean the NHS will just about be able to cope .

Lets hope Prof Neil Ferguson knows his stuff.

The NHS should be able to cope with the coronavirus outbreak now the country is in lockdown, according to infectious diseases expert Prof Neil Ferguson.

Keeping people inside and increasing NHS staff and beds would prevent intensive care units (ICUs) from being overwhelmed nationally, he said.

There could still be some difficulties at a local level, he told MPs.

But there was now a "reasonable degree of certainty" the government measures would put the epidemic into decline.

Latest posts

Back