The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52010073

dddd.jpg

1585154940578.png

Tourist in caravans and camper vans will be barred from driving into the Lake District in order to combat the spread of coronavirus.

Cumbria Police said that from Wednesday anyone in the vehicles they think is "on holiday" will be "advised to go home" and could be fined.

The force has previously said the outbreak is "no excuse for a holiday".

The government is ordering people not to leave their homes unless it is absolutely necessary.

Assistant Chief Constable Andy Slattery said: "We will be stopping anybody coming into the Lake District who we think is coming in on holiday with caravans, camper vans, or whatever, and advising them to go back to their home address."

He issued a warning on Saturday urging tourists to stay away from after many ignored advice to social distance.

The government has said everybody should stay at home and will only be allowed to leave for specific reasons:

• Shopping for "basic necessities" as infrequently as possible - but people should use delivery services where they can
  • Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary".
People should not meet friends or family members who do not live with them.

Even more interesting if you sort by deaths per million population. China only has 2 deaths per million

1585155655548.png

Just saw on the guardian that they are trialing what would be a mass test for both If the person is positive or more importantly has had the virus:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days
Suggestion being it would be distributed via Amazon.

“The test, which looks like a pregnancy test and involves pricking the finger to produce a drop of blood, which is then analysed by the device, will first be validated in Oxford to ensure it works as well as scientists hope. That will happen this week”

Hopefully it will,actually work.

@Chippy_Tea might find this interesting, We have a family friend who lives in Carlisle, about 5 weeks ago our friend was extremely ill with all the symptoms of Corona virus, we even joked over the phone about it but it wasn't really in the UK at the time.The cough lingered for a couple of weeks. Looking at the stats for Cumbria as a whole, it now has quite a high volume of cases compared to other areas outside London.We are now convinced our friend was a very early case in Carlisle and that Cumbria has an above average no.of people suffering from the virus.

@Chippy_Tea Looking at the stats for Cumbria as a whole, it now has quite a high volume of cases compared to other areas outside London.We are now convinced our friend was a very early case in Carlisle and that Cumbria has an above average no.of people suffering from the virus.

The British county of Cumbria is located in North West England and has a population of 496,200, (129 have tested positive)

This is 2 days old -

THE coronavirus outbreak has now killed five people in Cumbria.

The latest update for Covid-19 fatalities in the county has been confirmed in the last hour.

Three of the people who have died were from north Cumbria and two from the south of the county.

There are also now 79 confirmed cases in Cumbria - though the actual number of people infected will be higher as that figure does not include people who have not been tested and who may be self-isolating at home.

We are eighth highest -

Covid-19 positive -

London 2,925

West Midlands 434

Greater Manchester 282

Hampshire 207

South Yorkshire 174

Hertfordshire 139

Derbyshire 138

Cumbria 129

Nottinghamshire 127

Surrey 110

Funny how this situation changes your perspectives. I am so looking forward to a walk tonight - something I normally take for granted.

Funny how this situation changes your perspectives. I am so looking forward to a walk tonight - something I normally take for granted.

I’m trying to stay on the positive side so yay for the 30 second commute (instead of one and a half hours).

I also hope that some of the changes in working practices will carry through with it being demonstrated that for many remote working is completely feasible.

We have also had a number of meetings that previously would have needed flights to attend being done entirely via video conference.

Is that UK number correct 11 seems either a anomaly or pray to god a downturn

I also hope that some of the changes in working practices will carry through with it being demonstrated that for many remote working is completely feasible.

We have also had a number of meetings that previously would have needed flights to attend being done entirely via video conference.

I have been listening to 5 live a lot and you cannot tell they are not all sitting in the same studio, i don't see any point in travelling to a studio every day if they can work from home.

Balmoral castle,

If you have to self isolate i guess this would make it a little less stressful.

I am sure Charley will be able to find a bedroom with its own bathroom.

1585160587962.png

I’m trying to stay on the positive side so yay for the 30 second commute (instead of one and a half hours).

I feel strangely optimistic about the future, this feels like an opportunity for us all to refocus on what is really important. Might start a new thread.....

Is that UK number correct 11 seems either a anomaly or pray to god a downturn

Sorry, but Public Health England don't give out their figures until a bit later. All the 433 figure includes are the 11 deaths in Wales and Scotland since yesterday rather than a downturn.

TBH the figures are getting later and later in the day - which is an ominous trait!

Back