The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh **** we're in second place only to london.... ashock1

dddd.jpg

Covid-19 positive -

London 2,925

West Midlands 434

Greater Manchester 282

Hampshire 207

South Yorkshire 174

Hertfordshire 139

Derbyshire 138

Cumbria 129

Nottinghamshire 127

Surrey 110

Chloe Middleton: Coronavirus victim, 21, 'had no health issues'

A 21-year-old woman with no underlying conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, according to her family.

Chloe Middleton, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, died last week.

In a Facebook post, her aunt Emily Mistry said Ms Middleton "had passed away from Covid-19" and urged others to "do your bit" to stop the spread of the disease.

According to government figures, most patients who have died with coronavirus had pre-existing medical conditions.

There have been concerns that younger people were ignoring warnings over its spread, believing the contagion was only a danger to the elderly.

But in a series of Facebook posts, Ms Middleton's family urged the public to heed safety advice and take the virus "seriously".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52041709

Last edited:
I'm self isolating as of today as the wife has developed a dry cough and has a tight chest. It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry. I banned her from visiting her parents a few days ago as her dad has asthma, and she really wasn't getting the idea of social distancing, the next day Boris announced the lock down. Both me and her father are key workers (retail and care) so we're both more likely to get it, but that's no reason not to be careful.

Do your bit people. Stay home, save lives.

Knocked up a batch of wheat beer yesterday to help me through this crisis. I'm getting dangerously low on stock, all I have is strong brews that I'm aging for autumn/winter.

This is getting worrying! This site publishes UK statistics ...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#number-of-cases
... the problem is that it hasn't published the statistics for the UK today!

The statistics are frozen on what was reported by 9am yesterday (422 deceased) and by this time it has normally updated information to 9am today.

One hopes that the delay isn't due to a major leap in the statistics, that is taking longer to process! :?: :?:

So Charlie despite testing positive has travelled to Scotland and is not at his primary address. :rolleyes:
Not a very good example is it.

From what I have read there are those who are asymptomatic who are spreading the disease, according to Chinese figures 43,000 tested had COVID-19 but never had any symptoms.

So Charlie despite testing positive has travelled to Scotland and is not at his primary address. :rolleyes:
Not a very good example is it.

Friends in Glasgow are livid! They cancelled movings away from Glasgow to stay at their retreat in Aberdeenshire on the basis that they didn't want to become a burden on Grampian NHS and then heard about Charlie at the same time as they discovered that Glasgow was not the place to be at the moment!

All accurate statistics will have to be a day old. Today ain't finished yet!

Just go to UK's official site and ignore theDailyMail! COVID-19 Mobile Dashboard

This is the UK's Government official site for passing on information to the public. (Hence the web title!)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#number-of-cases
It will normally update the day after so as to get all the information in before publication. At the moment when it gives "As of 9am on 24 March 2020 ... " it is providing the statistics for the 23rd March.

The information on the site (422 fatalities) was posted at about 7pm yesterday and today there hasn't been an update.

Please see my Post No 1,144 at 7.28pm yesterday for confirmation.

Chloe Middleton: Coronavirus victim, 21, 'had no health issues'

A 21-year-old woman with no underlying conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, according to her family.

Chloe Middleton, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, died last week.

In a Facebook post, her aunt Emily Mistry said Ms Middleton "had passed away from Covid-19" and urged others to "do your bit" to stop the spread of the disease.

According to government figures, most patients who have died with coronavirus had pre-existing medical conditions.

There have been concerns that younger people were ignoring warnings over its spread, believing the contagion was only a danger to the elderly.

But in a series of Facebook posts, Ms Middleton's family urged the public to heed safety advice and take the virus "seriously".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52041709
It hasn't been confirmed that she died of COVID-19 could be a similar case to the 18 year old boy from west midlands who had reportedly died of COVID-19 turned out to be something else was the cause of death.
News media aren't a good source of reliable information.

Went shopping on Monday and today the food comes out of quarantine and onto the shelves. Aparently the virus can stay viable for up to three days on some surfaces. Frozen stuff and stuff for the fridge already had been rinsed in dilute bleach solution, outer packaging removed and put away. Apples, bananas and tomatoes given same rinse then rinsed with water and dried. No harm done to the fruit or tomatoes. Remember: everybody, sick or well, has to go to the supermarket where they splutter and fart, touch things and contaminate everything. The supermarket is about the most dangerous place in the world right now. Hope I don't have to go back for at least a fortnight.
Just been reading an interesting article in Ouest France (the local rag) about doctors in italy coming across a strange and particularly virulent strain of pneumonia in northern Italy, even before the first coronavirus case was declared in China. The article doesn't suggest it, but wouldn't it be ironic if the virus started in Italy and was carried back to China by a tourist. Here's the link for French readers and Google Translators: Coronavirus. Une « étrange pneumonie » circulait déjà en Italie en novembre
Keep safe everyone. We're still not being give sufficient advice on this so take your own precautions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back