The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Professor Chris Witty, England’s chief medical officer, is self-isolating for the next seven days after experiencing symptoms of coronavirus last night."

Wonder if he got it from BJ standing next to him on that podium?

All in all a very strange but pleasant experience as I didnt have to avoid tourists/traffic like normal

The roads up here are very quiet so my working day is far less stressful than normal the downside is everyone's cars are now parked outside their houses instead of at work so getting to places can be a bit more difficult especially when selfish people don't consider bigger vehicle access when parking.

Whilst I was out on my ride today, I had to stop for a pee in Kensington (normally I go in Mcdonalds or a coffee shop but they're all closed so I found a little corner). A bloke walked past on his phone and I heard him say, "...we've got enough food for 37 days so if there is an extended lockdown we'll be ok". No wonder the pensioners cant get to the food with blokes like him about!

Wow there’s been a lot of posts in 2 days lol.

Who said they’d tried Joe Wicks? My son and I had a go at it 2 days ago. I **** you not my legs are still aching like hell. Going downstairs is awful lol.
Nice guy though, probably give it another go when I feel better.

Can’t believe I missed the swearing bit, bet that was fun lol.

My girlfriend managed to get hold of 4 tins of rhubarb and 3 of gooseberry, so I’m a happy bunny lol.

Anyone who spits on anyone is a grade A ****, Coronavirus or not.

Surprisingly I’m actually hoping Boris survives the virus, he seems to be doing alright so far. I wanna see what he does next.

Shopping is evidently getting better. We managed to get hold of some dishwasher tablets the other day AND some olive oil. And that stuff is just.... well precious innit? Some things you’ve just gotta cook with olive don’tcha??

Shops round here are back to normal (well, apart from the ones in Grimsby where the smack heads can apparently get up at 7 in the morning to panic buy but not to go to a job) now that the holiday makers have returned home. You can even get hand sanitizer, rice, pasta, bog roll. There are the odd gaps in the shelves - there was no pork, for instance, but plenty of beef. I don't think anyone is going to starve. The enforcement of social distancing in store and this only a fixed number of people in at any one time really seems to have calmed things down.

Shopping is evidently getting better.
My daughter's done Tescos for us today and she got everything on our list, including tinned veg and bog paper. So I guess the panic buyers have either run out of money or run out of space to put it all...
Unfortunately I forgot to put beer on the list. Damn.

I WFH upstairs and the Mrs WFH downstairs, My daily exercise is every other day ATM on deserted roads a 10 mile cycle. This good weather makes it a bit easier altought it would be nice to visit our favorite cafe (verdis) in Mumbles, but apart from the weirdness of certain products not being in stock seems ok at the moment. As I've been working from home I've been able to have a lunchtime cycle. The pressure wash of the drive is underway and I've put up new curtains and a curtain pole. Bought and plumbed in a dishwasher for my son (he's a pharmacist and is working 08:00 - 21:00) so a little help with the dishes for him is about all I can do to support. So all in all not to bad so far.

Some good news -

Health workers on the frontline in England will start being tested this weekend to see if they have coronavirus, the government has announced.

Tests will be rolled out to critical care doctors and nurses first followed by staff in emergency departments, paramedics and GPs.

It follows mounting criticism from NHS staff over a lack of testing.

Currently, only seriously-ill patients in hospital are being tested.

'Safe to return to work'

At the daily news conference on the virus epidemic, Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove said antigen testing - which checks whether people currently have the disease - would give health and social care workers "security in the knowledge that they are safe to return to work if their test is negative".

He added: "These tests will be trialled for people on the frontline starting immediately, with hundreds to take place by the end of the weekend - dramatically scaling up next week."

The total number of UK deaths from coronavirus has reached 759, with 14,543 confirmed cases.

Sir Simon Stevens, chief executive of NHS England, said it was "urgently important that we are able to test frontline workers who are off sick or otherwise isolating".

He said that would mean the number of tests carried out doubling by the end of next week.

And he indicated that testing would be widened out to cover more workers, including essential public service workers and social care workers, as capacity increased.

Testing of patients was "vital" and would continue, Sir Simon added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52070199

Wow there’s been a lot of posts in 2 days lol.

Who said they’d tried Joe Wicks? My son and I had a go at it 2 days ago. I s**t you not my legs are still aching like hell. Going downstairs is awful lol.
Nice guy though, probably give it another go when I feel better.

Can’t believe I missed the swearing bit, bet that was fun lol.

My girlfriend managed to get hold of 4 tins of rhubarb and 3 of gooseberry, so I’m a happy bunny lol.

Anyone who spits on anyone is a grade A ****, Coronavirus or not.

Surprisingly I’m actually hoping Boris survives the virus, he seems to be doing alright so far. I wanna see what he does next.

Shopping is evidently getting better. We managed to get hold of some dishwasher tablets the other day AND some olive oil. And that stuff is just.... well precious innit? Some things you’ve just gotta cook with olive don’tcha??
Yeah I’ve been doing Joe Wicks with my son (11) and it’s making my home brew, self isolating, omelette eating belly ache but it’s good fun and good on him.
It means I can have an extra Pale Ale at night, Cheers Joe

Shops round here are back to normal (well, apart from the ones in Grimsby where the smack heads can apparently get up at 7 in the morning to panic buy but not to go to a job) now that the holiday makers have returned home. You can even get hand sanitizer, rice, pasta, bog roll. There are the odd gaps in the shelves - there was no pork, for instance, but plenty of beef. I don't think anyone is going to starve. The enforcement of social distancing in store and this only a fixed number of people in at any one time really seems to have calmed things down.
I live across from a bus stop and watched two junkies today get off the bus (the only two on it) and tried not to laugh as they argued all the way up the street whist observing the 2m rule

The U.K figures below are the same as were given in the briefing earlier.

ffffffffff.jpg

It will be hard to stop them though, most of them think they are Bradley Wiggins or Chris Hoy View attachment 23875

What's annoying me is when I get to a set of lights another cyclist will pull up besides me closer than 2m and not social distancing:mad:

What I've started doing is stopping way before I get to the lights as most cyclist like to filter through the traffic and go to the front. Thereby mean no other cyclist is anywhere near me

Latest posts

Back