The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baron - I misunderstood - grovelling apology !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem mate as I said if more people were vociferous to the idiots who seem oblivious to how serious this problem is getting the better, it is how you read the post as we do tend to shorthand posts so they do not become novels we abridge and can be read differently sometimes athumb..

Coronavirus: Six things that are booming in sales

As the coronavirus pandemic rages on, many retailers are seeing trade collapse, but others are overwhelmed by demand.

"We're as busy as at Christmas time," says the owner of an online coffee business, "we're selling double."

An outdoor games supplier is in the same position: "We've sold out of table tennis tables - they're the new loo roll."

While families are stuck at home, they’re keen to find ways of keeping their minds and bodies active, well-fed and refreshed, as their purchasing choices reveal.

So, what's booming?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52066454

I thought I'd post this to put minds at rest in case anyone comes down ill and panics if they go beyond the cough/fever stage. But, of course please use your own nogging if you're ill.

Thanks for taking one for the team, @Bevvied 'Im sure the forumites are finding your updates very useful (I know I am) :hat:

As the coronavirus pandemic rages on, many retailers are seeing trade collapse, but others are overwhelmed by demand.

"We're as busy as at Christmas time," says the owner of an online coffee business, "we're selling double."

An outdoor games supplier is in the same position: "We've sold out of table tennis tables - they're the new loo roll."

While families are stuck at home, they’re keen to find ways of keeping their minds and bodies active, well-fed and refreshed, as their purchasing choices reveal.

So, what's booming?

I've definately noticed all the bikes about. Especially all the numpties who dont know how to ride them. But why a boom in coffee? Coffee shops/cafes closed?

1585488679647.png

aheadbutt

North West Motorway Police

@NWmwaypolice

·
Mar 29

A driver has travelled from Coventry to Salford to collect a £15 EBay purchase of windows. His wife could not fit in the vehicle so she was travelling in the boot for the return journey when stopped on the M6 Cheshire. The driver was given a TOR for the offence.

So, what's booming?

i would have thought any spare money would be saved for essentials, appreciate kids have to be entertained

Did you manage to get any hand sanitiser?

Not sure I have ever bought hand sanitiser. Does not agree with my eczema and SWMBO does not like stuff on her hands either. We got TP for her brother & family as they could not find any anywhere and live off the beaten track in Lancashire.

So is that 209 today Chippy?
Yes best place to stay up to date is Coronavirus Update (Live): 703,876 Cases and 33,215 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer it gives world figures and graphs but you can click UK to get specific UK graphs. This is where it gets the info Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK
Note the UK numbers have not updated the serious/critical or recovered numbers for ages and the active cases is calculated using the recovered numbers you can ignore these

1 min ago

1585500640000.png

Covid-19: Normal life will not resume for six months, says Government doctor

Normal life will not resume for at least six months, a key Government doctor has said, as the Government placed all parts of the UK on an “emergency footing”.

Dr Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer for England, said the nation will not be in “complete lockdown” for half a year but said social distancing measures will be lifted gradually.

Her warning at Sunday’s coronavirus press conference came as the NHS announced the first confirmed death of a frontline hospital worker with Covid-19.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/1834...six-months-says-government-doctor/?ref=twtrec

each day 200 passenger aircraft fly from europe to america and 200 the other way - thats 100,000 people. Why would we allow flights (passenger) from usa or europe ?????

any body who understands maths knows that uk deaths will exceed 1000 per day in approx 4 days time. Tell the people that - and they will observe lockdown and distancing.

Where have all the kits gone. Both local brewshops closed and amazon have nothing except coopers kits at£72. Wtf is going on?

Latest posts

Back