The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, update from me.
I'm clearly over the worst of it now.
Yesterday was strange. Extreme fatigue, I've slept for probably 20 hours in the last 24.
I can now take a breathe without the strange crackle.
The double rapid involuntary intake of breath has stopped.
I could obviously go backwards, but I suspect I'm through the worse of it and safe.

Some things to note maybe.
Seven days was when the lung complications kick in.
I can really see how people deteriorate rapidly and need to be hospitalised. In a space of 24 hours, I went from typical recovering from flu type symptoms to being unable to breath properly and fatigued.
I'd guess I'm out of the woods now. Total 9 or so days of symptoms.
With regard to severity of the flu element (fever/sore throat/cough) was about 8 or 9 out of 10. Worst I've ever had. For me, it wasn't a minor temperature and cough. It kicked me in the balls.
The chest pains/breathing difficulties came on strong and rapidly, after a period of about 24 hours when I thought I was on the mend.

I can obviously only speak for myself, but any questions, please ask away.

Bevvied do you think it will have scarred your lungs and reduce your breathing capacity?
Sorry to sound morbid and glad you are on the mendathumb..

Bevvied do you think it will have scarred your lungs and reduce your breathing capacity?
Sorry to sound morbid and glad you are on the mendathumb..

I honestly don't know.
I should hope not as I didn't get/don't have, anything more than 'minor symptoms'.
I

Sh%t don't want the serious version if yours was minor mate. has there been many cases in your area that you know of as they are still sparse up north.
It sounds as if it is worst down south especially London way and that it has really yet to grip us proper up here in Yorkshire and surrounding counties.
I am guessing down south will be recovering as we are in the height of it

Great to hear that your are on the mend, or at least heading in the right direction @Bevvied . Not be long now until you can sink a few pints!

cheers, furthest thing from my mind to be honest lol.
i sincerely hope nobody gets it.

i'm about 20lb overweight, but active. hiking/camping/fishing.
in good health.
51 year old
don't smoke, haven't for 5 years, just vape on a weekend when having a booze up.

it's horrible, trust me, it's horrible. i'm not religious, so excuse the phrase, but god help those that will need hospital treatment.

back to sleep, lol.

yes, there's been deaths in local hospital.
barrow-in-furness, oooop north, cumbria.

I had noticed the anomaly in South Yorkshire to West Yorkshire where I am what do you put that down to?

I have no idea. I would have expected it to have been similar to Leeds or Manchester but there are 3-4 times as many cases here.

Could just be down to more efficient testing, and at this relatively early stage the numbers can be heavily influenced by random events - one infected person going to an event.

Out of interest baron, are you seeing particular categories of goods being in good/bad shape at the moment? We're trying to avoid going to the superstore and use the little supermarket and farm shop as much as possible just because they should have fewer people using them (and up until recently they generally had more stuff), we're kinda assuming that we're not going to see things like tinned food and soap for the foreseeable future...

OTOH there's a surplus of spuds since fish & chip shops were closed down, so everyone should be eating them instead of pasta...

Could just be down to more efficient testing, and at this relatively early stage the numbers can be heavily influenced by random events - one infected person going to an event.

Out of interest baron, are you seeing particular categories of goods being in good/bad shape at the moment? We're trying to avoid going to the superstore and use the little supermarket and farm shop as much as possible just because they should have fewer people using them (and up until recently they generally had more stuff), we're kinda assuming that we're not going to see things like tinned food and soap for the foreseeable future...

OTOH there's a surplus of spuds since fish & chip shops were closed down, so everyone should be eating them instead of pasta...
I would not say things are back to normal, Pasta,Some tinned items like chickpeas, tomatoes, and beans are there but not in the usual abundance and most will have probably sold out by the end of play. The one thing that has been in short supply is Cooking oil the standard stuff not Olive Oil and Flour is short.
However the shop is now quieter apart from the hardened shoppers first thing the queuing has disappeared after the first hour as the one person one trolley seems to have deterred the idiots who go in for the panic buying as that sort of person has such a selfish attitude they do not want to queue
If you go in mid morning if ours is anything to go by you can generally do a full shop now as the Preppers have already stockpiled
Happy safe shopping

So has all this came from Chinese hygiene !
My hairdresser went to China on a tour last year, the guide said to her “if I say to you this is a clean toilet your best to make this your toilet stop”
Has the Chinese economy flourished from there export markets and cheap products ?
So who should pay, You and Me ??
Why not add extra taxes onto Chinese imported products to help ??

If you accept the logic that everyone in a country should pay for the mistakes of a few, then prepare to pay out all your receive in tariffs on Chinese goods in claims for the Spanish flu and introducing smallpox and other diseases into the Americas....

Latest posts

Back