The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had clap for the NHS staff at 20:00 then clap for all services last night accompanied by the sound of clattering pans why do people feel the need to outdo each other and hijack the original, now we have this and it wont end here - aheadbutt

eeeeeeee.jpg

Last edited:
Chippy, everytime you post these I imagine you wearing one of those medieval plague doctor outfits with the herbs in the beak. Nailing it on the door of thehomebrewforum towers. Bring out yer dead!

Rumbled :laugh8:

1585933487370.png

Last edited:
There was a video earlier in the thread explaining that ibuprofen acts against the fever which is the opposite of what you want (or something very similar) i don't know if it is true but the guy was very convincing.

Ibuprofen very unlikely to do any harm, but it's no use in bringing down your body temperature. Only paracetamol will do that. That's the same for any fever.

Staying at home this weekend is an instruction and "not a request", Health Secretary Matt Hancock said as he updated the country on the coronavirus.

Speaking at the No 10 briefing, Mr Hancock said that while warm weather was forecast in some areas this weekend "the disease is still spreading".

Meanwhile, England's chief nursing officer Ruth May paid tribute to two nurses who have died from the disease.

"Please stay at home for them," she urged people.

Areema Nasreen, 36, had spent weeks in intensive care with coronavirus, while Aimee O'Rourke, 39, died at the hospital where she worked.

"They were one of us, they were one of my profession, of the NHS family," said Ms May. "I worry that there's going to be more and I want to honour them today and recognise their service."

It comes as latest figures showed a further 684 people with the virus died in the UK, bringing the total to 3,605. There are 38,168 confirmed cases.

In Scotland, the number of deaths has risen by 46, while in Wales a further 24 people died. In NI, the number of people who died with coronavirus has risen by 12.

Mr Hancock - who had recently ended his seven days of self-isolation after contracting the virus - said: "We cannot relax our discipline now. If we do, people will die.

"I end with the advice we all know. This advice is not a request - it is an instruction.

"Stay at home, protect lives and then you will be doing your part."

The warning follows messages from local councils, tourism bosses and police urging people to stay away from beauty spots, as the Easter holidays begin and warm weather is expected.

Mr Hancock also said the UK has set up three national clinical trials looking at how existing drugs can be altered to treat Covid-19.

He added that more patients are needed to volunteer to take part in the trials - but England's deputy chief medical officer later clarified that people cannot apply themselves and it was up to doctors to refer patients.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52155430

Part of an article on the BBC site it looks like the old will be sacrificed to save the younger generation but what gives anyone the right to make that call. (its not something i would want to do)

Coronavirus: Care workers 'shocked' by virus treatment guidance

One care home manager in Hove told me their GP had even told them "none of your residents aged over 75 will be admitted to hospital". They said they felt "shocked and numb" to hear that.

Another said: "We have been told flatly that it would be highly unlikely that they would be accepted into hospital."

And, remember, because of social distancing rules families are not being allowed in to be with their loved ones in their closing days if they fall ill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52155359

Part of an article on the BBC site it looks like the old will be sacrificed to save the younger generation but what gives anyone the right to make that call. (its not something i would want to do)

Coronavirus: Care workers 'shocked' by virus treatment guidance

One care home manager in Hove told me their GP had even told them "none of your residents aged over 75 will be admitted to hospital". They said they felt "shocked and numb" to hear that.

Another said: "We have been told flatly that it would be highly unlikely that they would be accepted into hospital."

And, remember, because of social distancing rules families are not being allowed in to be with their loved ones in their closing days if they fall ill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52155359
Chippy anyone who does not understand this is serious ***** by now, words fail me

We had clap for the NHS staff at 20:00 then clap for all services last night accompanied by the sound of clattering pans why do people feel the need to outdo each other and hijack the original, now we have this and it wont end here - aheadbutt

eeeeeeee.jpg
I think this is called "virtue signalling". Perhaps the new and defining 21st Century disease.
Almost as nauseating as the never defeated 20th Century ones (you will not wish to be reminded).

Instead of clapping for carers, a useless gesture, why not give to a relevant charity? It reminds me of all the bouquets left at the gates of Buckingham Palace when Diana died. What a waste! There are many essential workers who deserve our thanks, but in hard cash.

Chippy, everytime you post these I imagine you wearing one of those medieval plague doctor outfits with the herbs in the beak. Nailing it on the door of thehomebrewforum towers. Bring out yer dead! :laugh8:

I suppose that's marginally better than imagining Chippie in a Nurse's Uniform ... clapa

... but who knows what you Administrators and Moderators get up to in private! :confused.:

Anything which keeps the NHS at the front of the publics mind cant be all bad

I myself went well over 30 yrs without ever once needing a doctor,nurse, or a hospital
Such is the power of youth.

Now in my sixties I practicaly have my own bed and a teasmade in the surgury.

Back