The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke up with a sore throat this morning and I still have it now.
Does it start with a sore throat? Also my sinuses are blocked, does that count?

I used to smoke about 5 -10 cigarettes a day when I was in uni. When I went to a doctor for a totally different issue they said to me there are 2 kinds of addiction, psychological and chemical. As you are on a very small amount a day it is most likely only psychological, so quit while you can.

Bit of time afterwards (yes ok, it’s a slow drip of realisation for me) I tried an electronic one and ended up switching to them. Occasionally I was buying a packet of cigarettes but largely staying on electronic for quite a while. I found it helped that the electronic one looked like a cigarette, easier to fool my brain. Also they taste a lot nicer than cigarettes and have cool flavours like vanilla and coffee.

The day my girlfriend told me she was pregnant, I swore I’d never smoke anything again. Seen the adverts right?

Also, don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of the NHS, they’re amazing.

But my boy goes to bed at 7pm. Clapping and **** and fireworks being set off at 8pm is no good.
You wanna be good to the NHS do as you’re told. Never mind the bloody fireworks.
My 3 cats don’t like it at all either, especially one of them, the vet described him as ‘neurotic’.

Instead of clapping for carers, a useless gesture, why not give to a relevant charity? It reminds me of all the bouquets left at the gates of Buckingham Palace when Diana died. What a waste! There are many essential workers who deserve our thanks, but in hard cash.
I agree with this.
I've got to the point where last Christmas I sent emails to people explaining they won't get cheap pieces of cardboard with Christmas wishes printed on them as I'd given $50 to the Koala Hospital and $50 to a wildlife rescue charity.

Made me laugh - its a local thing.

1585998238257.png

How many times do the government need to say stay inside before these idiots get it, glad to see the first guy has taken the precaution of putting his gloves on.

Black country speak that is:laugh8:

Na Cambrian -

yam
1.(noun. yam) Home, A person's dwelling place. A variation on yem.

yam home, as in: as garn yam (I'm going home)

For those who don't speak the Cumbrian dialect from NW England, it means 'Take care, there are lambs on the road" - which indeed there were.

1586000334812.png

Well, the Missus is mirroring pretty much how I was except she's also lost her sense of smell but her throat isn't as sore as mine was.
She's also got a dose of the trots (which under normal circumstance I would find funny) so it's an extra battle to keep her hydrated, but she's coping.

To keep myself busy I'm going to knock up a simple coopers kit this afternoon. I was given a Cerveza at Christmas time, not my usual thing at all, but it might at least be a refreshing pint for late summer.
20L
500G of Brewing Sugar.
1KG Light Spray malt.
Will have a look in freezer and see what I have left and dry hop if I have anything suitable.

Thanks for posting that B this should be put on every TV channel at the same time at peak viewing time.

@ 18:20 - On medical staff dying.

Again its a reminder that the virus doesn't discriminate on your status or age or job title and actually it doesn't care that much if you have per extincting medical conditions some of these care workers are fit and healthy people and thats terrifying i think everybody whos working here would try not to think about it too much but everyone is aware of it.

Some people are reporting loss of taste or smell too (but this can be a symptom of other viruses)

1586007768602.png

Down Glenshee a farmer had written much the same on a set of old Land Rover tyres and hung them on fence posts alongside the road.

A mate of mine suggested that we paint a similar message on the tyres of the old Land Rover that I owned at the time as we drove up and down the Glenshee road about three times a week. I resisted - but would have loved to do it! :laugh8:

Last edited:
I had a job on a farm in the Yorkshire Wolds many, many years ago. There were some road works outside the village which caused consternation amongst `foreigners' because of the road sign that read ` Wait while green light shows'.

Went to work today. Londoners have decided to 'stay out and slaughter as many people as possible.' I cycle through or past lots of parks and green spaces on the way to an from work and without exception they all had stacks of people in them. The worst one it the one across the road, Burgess Park. It's heaving

I think they just need to lock London down and sort of treat it like a separate country, as it's looking like harsher measures will be needed there.

I can't see it myself, but I agree with you fully.
Civil unrest/looting is probably a political concern if a complete shut down were to happen.

Latest posts

Back