The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just need to lock London down and sort of treat it like a separate country, as it's looking like harsher measures will be needed there.

I think your right. If Londoner are willing to ignore the call to stay home. Some londoners will also ignore the, 'dont travel to other parts of the country to your second home/caravan/holiday hot spot and spread the virus around the country

It's going to be 20C and sunny tommorow so things are going to be even worse here

I can't see it myself, but I agree with you fully.
Civil unrest/looting is probably a political concern if a complete shut down were to happen.

They wouldnt be able to do it anyway. There are over 9 million londoners and just under 9 thousand Met police officers ( plus aout 1500 PCSO's)

Let's just hope for the best, but human nature amongst the selfish is a worry.

I received a remarkable text from a mate today. Belarus are going ahead with their football season next weekend.
The Belarus (Country, not FA) President was quoted as saying that the Coronavirus is a psychosis which can be beaten with vodka, saunas and driving tractors.

I suppose one third of his advice would make you stop worrying about it.

The Belarus (Country, not FA) President was quoted as saying that the Coronavirus is a psychosis which can be beaten with vodka, saunas and driving tractors.

I wonder how soon after one of his family dies he changes his mind.

Let's just hope for the best, but human nature amongst the selfish is a worry.

I received a remarkable text from a mate today. Belarus are going ahead with their football season next weekend.

I suppose one third of his advice would make you stop worrying about it.

I totally believe that driving tractors beats coronaviris!

Further back in this thread there was a discussion about whether it was OK for people to take Ibuprofen rather than paracetamol. Ibuprofen in my view is terrible stuff as are many NSAIDs. A few years back I took Ibuprofen for a few days for something and ended up with a stomach bleed. If I had lost any more blood it would have been a transfusion. Never again. Paracetamol might not be the best things to take (liver damage?) but it is far better imo than Ibuprofen.

Further back in this thread there was a discussion about whether it was OK for people to take Ibuprofen rather than paracetamol. Ibuprofen in my view is terrible stuff as are many NSAIDs. A few years back I took Ibuprofen for a few days for something and ended up with a stomach bleed. If I had lost any more blood it would have been a transfusion. Never again. Paracetamol might not be the best things to take (liver damage?) but it is far better imo than Ibuprofen.

All NSAIDs are potentially dangerous when taken regularly on an empty stomach, and are an absolute no-no if you have any GI disorders.

All NSAIDs are potentially dangerous when taken regularly on an empty stomach, and are an absolute no-no if you have any GI disorders.
Spot on. Nevertheless, I've got arthritic knees and one in the morning sorts me out (sort of) for the whole day. Paracetamol is a pain killer not an anti-inflammatory. Apart from that, if things cut up nasty I can't run away but have to stand my ground, if I can.

One of my clients gets gout and is prescibed naproxine which is a powerful antiinflammatory. So he doesnt get a stomach bleed he is also prescibed omeprazole with prevents this

I take 400mg ibuprofen 3 times per day
PLUS
500mg paracetamol +15mg codine (X2) up to 8 times per day

And have done EVERY day for the last 12 years

Not killing the pain so much nowadays so may have to get doctor to "up" the prescription.

I think I may have a mild form of covid 19. I had a sore throat for 2 or 3 days, the cough came on yesterday and I had a fever for just one day, strangely. I also ache all over and have a persistant headache. I took paracetamol over night and had a coldish shower this morning. My breathing is not bad when resting (I don't feel at all like exercising), the coughing is the worst, I have to force myself to stop or I will be sick.
I have no idea where I've picked it up. I stopped working last friday and haven't left the house since. SWMBO hasn't any symptoms as yet and she's been doing all the shopping.

Spot on.
Trouble is ibuprofen's dark side is not too well publicised and most folks think they can take them like sweeties, since they are available over the counter.
All pain killers should be treated with respect.
Including good old aspirin which was responsible for a perforated ulcer which led to my Grandma's demise.
For my part since I already take enough prescription drugs to make most folks rattle, I avoid taking pain killers unless I absolutely have to.

Personally i doubt if we will see mass civil disorder,But the posibillity will have crossed the minds of the government.

Back