The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an old saying, "laws are made for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools"

But there is a better one that says, "all fools think they know it all when a wise man thinks he knows nothing"

I would be jolly cross if I were not allowed to play out (jogging or walking) every day.

All Highland recycling centres are closed. Is it the same in your area? We will compost all food waste and store cardboard in the garage. But we had been going once a week as our bins are emptied on a two-week cycle. There is a shortage of cardboard (new) as a result!
Yes all the local dumps are closed but that's at a different level. One family couldn't produce that amount of waste. Fly tipping in general is a disgrace, the bin service is still going

I don't understand fly tipping, your local dump will take it.

All the council sites are closed round here so i assume its the same everywhere else why they cannot wait a few weeks for them to open again is beyond me.

I would be jolly cross if I were not allowed to play out (jogging or walking) every day.

It would be unfair on the ones following the rules to be put on full lock-down due to these selfish pricks but how do you stop them breaking the rules would fines work, should they start dishing them out now?

I am upset now, our bins are on a 3 week cycle athumb..

Two week cycle here - household waste one week garden waste and recycling the next, they have stopped all garden waste collections while Covid-19 is doing its thing.

Apart from the back yard, we've not been out since the day that the first distancing measures were announced.
Then of course I was ill, now the missus is ill, so a week after her symptoms go we'll be able to take a walk.
Sods law, the total lock down will come into effect then LOL
I'm still only about 50%, whatever I had, covid or not, it's really given me a battering.

I really feel for people who are housebound anyway, I'm beginning to get an inkling of what it's like.

I really feel for people who are housebound anyway, I'm beginning to get an inkling of what it's like.

Some days i wish i didn't have to go to work as i cannot avoid using places like filling stations etc but then i think of those stuck at home most of the day and think maybe things are not so bad.

The wife and I took the dog for a walk in the park yesterday (SE London) and there were more people there than I have seen in a while, but most seemed like they were out for their daily BorisWalk™ or exercise. Didn't seem like people came to just sunbathe.

I have a friend who goes for a daily walk and shouts at large groups of people (from afar) that they shouldn't be congregating together. I wonder if that's the right thing to do?

The wife and I took the dog for a walk in the park yesterday (SE London) and there were more people there than I have seen in a while, but most seemed like they were out for their daily BorisWalk™ or exercise. Didn't seem like people came to just sunbathe.

I have a friend who goes for a daily walk and shouts at large groups of people (from afar) that they shouldn't be congregating together. I wonder if that's the right thing to do?

Which park? Victoria park has been closed for the forseeable future because people were ignoring the guidlines and Brockwell park has been closed for today because the council said their was 3000 people in there yesterday.
It'll just mean people go elsewhere such as Burgess park opposite, which is already heaving. Yesterday I avoided it completely on the cycle home from work because there were so many people in there

Last edited:
The government delayed the movement restrictions as long as they could, acknowledging at the time that folks would get fed up sooner or later after the measures had been put in place and would want to travel farther than the front door. We are two weeks in or thereabouts and I suspect that the patience of many will be coming to an end. Even I am getting fed up and I have a garden and an allotment not too far away and would have dearly loved to have gone off for a ride-out on my motorbike on this glorious spring day. However I've stayed at home. I predict that what will happen is folks will get more and more frustrated and will start to venture out more, and assuming we continue to climb up the infections /deaths curves for the next week or two the government will have impose a more serious lock down.

Back