The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from the back yard, we've not been out since the day that the first distancing measures were announced.
Then of course I was ill, now the missus is ill, so a week after her symptoms go we'll be able to take a walk.
Sods law, the total lock down will come into effect then LOL
I'm still only about 50%, whatever I had, covid or not, it's really given me a battering.

I really feel for people who are housebound anyway, I'm beginning to get an inkling of what it's like.
Glad to hear your on the mend look after your other half and wish her well, i hate all this staying in, we live in a country were you can more or less do as you please within the confines of the little rules we have and generally live a nice easy outgoing life

How do you ban people from flocking to one place though? You could say it was empty till all these other people showed up. You could close them all, but many have cyclepaths in them so you wouldn't be allowed to use those either. I think someone mentioned stopping at traffic lights on a bike. Fine when you stop, then two other idiots pull up next to you and that's pointless.
Maybe it should be stated that you should avoid crowded areas while outside, and if there are a lot of people, go home and come back later.

If municipal tips are closed, then they could at least leave the containers available in laybys rather than have fly tipping. It really only needs one guy to collect them and dump them. I would support them being open less often like Monday and Wednesday or 9- 12 o'clock.

Still, that lot would get cleared up quickly if they organised the unemployed a bit to pick it all up again.

Which park? Victoria park has been closed for the forseeable future because people were ignoring the guidlines and Brockwell park has been closed for today because the council said their was 3000 people in there yesterday.
It'll just mean people go elsewhere such as Burgess park opposite, which is already heaving. Yesterday I avoided it completely on the cycle home from work because there were so many people in there
I'm way out in Orpington, zone 6, I've been going to Poverest Park which doesn't have any gates, and judging by some people who live round there it may take more than some tape to keep them out.

I have some friends in Bethnal Green and Mile End who were a bit upset they couldn't go round Victoria park anymore.

I'm way out in Orpington, zone 6, I've been going to Poverest Park which doesn't have any gates, and judging by some people who live round there it may take more than some tape to keep them out.

I have some friends in Bethnal Green and Mile End who were a bit upset they couldn't go round Victoria park anymore.
Vicky Park is the most popular park in Hackney/tower Hamlets, Advice I gave to my work colleagues is if you want to jog in vicky park, you will get more miles in running around the outer, once its closed. I saw the news clip, it was always going to happen.

They can go f themselves if they think they are taking my right to exercise away without at least trying to enforce the lockdown with the current powers they have. If they got four van loads of rozzers, rocked up at one of these parks, and just started handcuffing everyone and taking them away, people would soon get the message.

Another fine example of keeping a safe distance aheadbutt

ffffffff.jpg

Fife all recycling closed !
Brown malt waste and gardening bin should of been emptied last week !! Still on road waiting to be emptied aheadbutt and full

SLDC (our council) have been using social media to keep people informed, they have a lot of workers off sick and self isolating so have already scrapped garden waste collection, i am surprised more are not off would you like to go out and risk getting the virus every day, they drag wheelie bins containing used tissues and other soiled items to the wagons from thousands of houses every day, have you seen their PPE its a pair of gloves!

Last edited:
SLDC (our council) have been using social media to keep people informed, they have a lot of workers off sick and self isolating so have already scrapped garden waste collection, i am surprised more are not off would you like to go out and drag wheelie bins containing used tissues and other soiled items to the wagon from thousands of house every day and have you seen their PPE its a pair of gloves!
Council here’s same. internet says they will empty brown food waste bin, I read something about informing them if you think you are suspected covid and there’s a special pickup for you ashock1

Last edited:
Council here’s same. internet says they will empty brown food waste bin, I read something about informing them if you think you are suspected covid and there’s a special pickup for you ashock1

I read they are advising anyone who suspects they may or do have it to double bag their waste many in our street don't even single bag the stuff it all goes in loose, i feel sorry for the bin men and women like all other critical services they have no choice in the matter.

How do you ban people from flocking to one place though?

Didn't Boris waste a load of money on water cannons a few years ago? Maybe they weren't a waste after all - identify the areas where people are congregating and soak the silly sods. They'll learn soon enough and the rest of us can get out and exercise responsibly.

Didn't Boris waste a load of money on water cannons a few years ago? Maybe they weren't a waste after all - identify the areas where people are congregating and soak the silly sods. They'll learn soon enough and the rest of us can get out and exercise responsibly.
I hope you are not serious!

I hope you are not serious!
About him buying them, or doing the soaking? I reckon they should pepper spray people breaking the rules because you can't get them into the back of a van. Treat it like a silent riot, they're causing danger just differently.

Latest posts

Back