The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and not listened to Cummings about herd immunity. Anyone heard anything of Cummings since he ran out of Downing Street?

I can't believe that the garbos aren't working, that's an essential service surely.
A massage parlor copped a $10,000 fine, the punter $1,600, and the worker $1,600, the owner of the massage parlor claimed he was offering an essential service.:laugh8:
A bar owner with 2 patrons same thing $10,000 fine the 2 patrons $1,600 each.
Quite a few fines dished out yesterday, (Sunday)

Hope you're feeling better soon. The test of how serious it is, is whether or not you can face a beer.

I felt a little better today, so tried to drink a pint and couldn't manage it. I can only sip water as the coughing makes me feel sick if I consume too much.

About him buying them, or doing the soaking? I reckon they should pepper spray people breaking the rules because you can't get them into the back of a van. Treat it like a silent riot, they're causing danger just differently.
What about your sniper idea, that's how they do it in movies.athumb..

Some potentially good news. This
OmKbh43.jpg

from https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...urope-estimates-and-NPI-impact-30-03-2020.pdf
If you take Italy's 9.8% and using today's no of total deaths and assume this number will double by the time all of the 9.8% that will die have you get a death rate of only 0.0054%. If you take Spain's numbers instead but triple the deaths (they have not had as long) you get a death rate of 0.0042% So lets hope.

Bet he's wishing he didnt shake all those corona virus patients hands now
This coronavirus is not a joke. It kills people. It is indiscriminate in who it infects, age, gender, colour, class or position in our society. And although it tends to go for folks who have 'underlying health problems' it can still kill the seemingly healthy. You may well catch it and pull through without a problem and that goes for any one of us. And you may well die from it, and that also goes for any one of. And there are health professionals who are treating the seriously ill who may well be risking their own lives in so doing. So what you said was not funny.

Gallows humour. You will see more of it, and accept it as it becomes more normal.
I think he knows by now that he may be at least a bit responsible for his own condition.

Oh my lord, people on here actually think the government corvid-19 strategy was developed by Dominic Cummings? Seriously? Despite the actual scientists who are responsible for it having gone on record? Actually seriously? You genuinely believe that? aheadbutt

This coronavirus is not a joke. It kills people. It is indiscriminate in who it infects, age, gender, colour, class or position in our society. And although it tends to go for folks who have 'underlying health problems' it can still kill the seemingly healthy. You may well catch it and pull through without a problem and that goes for any one of us. And you may well die from it, and that also goes for any one of. And there are health professionals who are treating the seriously ill who may well be risking their own lives in so doing. So what you said was not funny.
No one thinks it’s a joke mate, MyQul is Only pointing out his lack of initial care (I think)
It’s very ,very serious and it’s only going to get worse.
Tensions will rise all around and we need to keep our heads.
Let’s stick together and have a brew!

I can't believe that the garbos aren't working

They are here but they are not collecting garden waste every fourghtnight, due to distancing they can no longer have three men in a cab so they are sending more wagons out with two man crews doing the same work stopping garden waste collecting frees up these vehicles.

They are here but they are not collecting garden waste every fourghtnight, due to distancing they can no longer have three men in a cab so they are sending more wagons out with two man crews doing the same work stopping garden waste collecting frees up these vehicles.
I see your trucks are different to ours, ours are a one man band.
1586152415230.png

Another thing they changed ! 2x men after a couple of weeks ago I see to wagons parked up chatting. 6x of them

Bet he's wishing he didnt shake all those corona virus patients hands now
And I ask myself how many others he's infected with his cretinous, gung-ho approach and juvenile lack of respect for basic common sense. I'll bet there are a lot of previously well people who wish they hadn't shaken hands with him, too. What a fine example our glorious leader has set. No wonder people are still sunbathing in the parks!

Other than South Korea (who had the SARS experience to fall back on) and perhaps China (who are clearly lying about everything anyway), different countries have adopted slightly different approaches to the virus yet most seem to be on very similar curves. I think Sweden will be really interesting. In typical Swedish fashion, they've been very relaxed about it with bars and restaurants continuing to open. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear this is now going to come back and bite them hard.

I think Sweden will be really interesting. In typical Swedish fashion, they've been very relaxed about it with bars and restaurants continuing to open.
Sweden has steady or dropping numbers at present and I will be watching closely too. The numbers always seem a bit messed up by the weekend so the picture will be clearer later in the week.

The Swedes have taken the mature approach haven't they, the actions they took were similar to the UK first response (Bars open, but a request made to not use them. Work from home etc.) but with a seemingly greater public response. Fingers crossed their tactic works.

I've spent a little time in Sweden, and the Swedes seem to naturally socially distance anyway.

Another thing they changed ! 2x men after a couple of weeks ago I see to wagons parked up chatting. 6x of them

They can only ask people to keep away from each other if people are too stupid to follow instructions there isn't a lot they can do.

Last edited:
Back