The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think I have missed the post but nobody mentioned the fact that it is now transmitting back yo animals from human. There was something on the BBC about a zoo keeper getting it and passing it to the tigers he cared for.

Looks like it "kicked off" from circa 8:30pm yesterday. Is Monday the new Friday?

Don't think I have missed the post but nobody mentioned the fact that it is now transmitting back yo animals from human. There was something on the BBC about a zoo keeper getting it and passing it to the tigers he cared for.

Wonder how they knew to test the tiger, and how they tested it? Cough, fever? Seems a little random.

Im definately not an expert on US tax regulation but I think if your a US citizen you're liable for tax on your income no matter where it's earned in the world

Last edited:

I seem to remember reading right at the begining (maybe February) someone had be letting their dog lick their face and the dog had contracted the virus

We’ve got,a couple of Americans at work and despite living and working in the UK they still have to file US tax returns. Most countries have duel taxation agreements so if I understand correctly they can deduct UK tax from what is due to the IRS. But am pretty certain the only way to get out of it is to renounce US citizenship which I doubt anyone does on a whim.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "in good spirits" after spending the night in intensive care being treated for coronavirus, No 10 has said.

A spokesman said Mr Johnson, 55, was stable overnight and is being given oxygen and is not on a ventilator.

It comes as Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove became the latest politician to self-isolate after a family member showed symptoms.

Mr Gove said he did not have symptoms and will continue working at home.

Mr Johnson was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in central London with "persistent symptoms" of Covid-19 on Sunday and was moved to intensive care on Monday at 19:00 BST after his symptoms worsened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52201048

A doctor explained earlier -

80% of people will get mild symptoms some will have a rough time but they will see it through at home.

15% will need to go to hospital and will need standard oxygen treatment. (not a ventilator)

5% will need to go on a ventilator.

I don't know if this has already been announced but they have just said Boris is receiving standard oxygen treatment he is not being helped to breath.

Exactly my point. They cant even tell us the truth about the state of the health of the PM. Perhaps they were worried about the stock markets as the pound dropped against the dollar this morning.
Trump offered Bj some 'help' today. I bet that motivated him to get better ASAP :laugh8: :laugh8:

:laugh8:

1586265133267.png

You reckon he was targeted by the US tax authorities, then? A kind of novichok event, but by the IRS? Now that's thinking outside the box. :hat:

The IRS are like that to everyone, they're equal-opportunity b*stards.

I seem to remember reading right at the begining (maybe February) someone had be letting their dog lick their face and the dog had contracted the virus

Obviously dog fur is a great trap for virus, but dogs themselves don't seem to be particularly good hosts - I've seen a paper somewhere that suggests the structure of the receptor in cats and ferrets means they could be hosts for this virus, but dogs and other pets probably aren't.

There's a long history of playing down illness among senior figures - ever wondered how the Royal Family never seem to get major illness despite being so old, they just get a weird number of fishbones stuck in their throat?

They're being very precise about him not needing a ventilator, they seem to have carefully left open the possibility that he's on a CPAP machine, an intermediate stage between a basic oxygen mask and a full ventilator.

Latest posts

Back